Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access a property on a Model

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ignacio.finoli
225 Views, 0 Replies

Unable to access a property on a Model

Hello:

I have a bit of legacy code that I recently updated from the 2014 SDK to 2016.1.2.

In the old version we used to do the following, once having found the appropriate property on the model:

KFbxAnimCurveNode& val = fBXScene->GetEvaluator()->GetPropertyValue(fbxProperty, evaluationTime, true);
ubiF64 propertyValue = val.GetChannelValue<ubiF64>(0U, 0.0);

If I save my FBX as ascii the corresponding property I'm looking for is, roughly:

Model: 1347170464, "Model::Male_Main 1:CPoint", "Marker" {
Version: 232
Properties70: {

P: "LeftHandWorld", "Number", "", "AU",0,0,1

}

In 2016 I can't seem to find the equivalent. For whatever reason I'm not getting a curve when I call what I think are the equivalent APIs

I have tried:

FbxAnimCurve* curve= fbxProperty.GetCurve(animationNode.m_FBXAnimStack->GetMember<fbxsdk::FbxAnimLayer>(0)); // always ends up returning null

I think I found somewhere that A means it's animatable but not animated. The docs seem to indicate I should then be able to create and connect a curve and curve node by telling the above api to do so. while that does create the curve node it does not seem to return any value other than 0.0 (which I set as default value in this case). 

I've tried other variations and can't seem to get this to work.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this doesn't work and perhaps a code snippet to extract the above data?

Alternatively is there a version of the 2014 libs that support Visual Studio 2015 (this was the primary driver for the update in the first place).

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report