Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python FBX vs FBX SDK

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
322 Views, 1 Reply

Python FBX vs FBX SDK

Hello,

I am new to FBX. I got a following assignment for my university: 

Given a single FBX file with dungeon tiles, build a series of random dungeons.

I now have a problem to decide should I use the Python FBX or FBX SDK in C++ for this task.  I have read this:

http://docs.autodesk.com/FBX/2014/ENU/FBX-SDK-Documentation/index.html?url=files/GUID-724D83D7-02E2-...

but it really gives only some technical difference. I would like to know what will be more convenient for this task in the long run and why. Should I use only python, or only c++, maybe the best way is to do some embedding of c++ code...

I am also very keen to hear any tips about how to approach this task or what would be some convenient APIs. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After some more research I have come to a conclussion that basically c++ and python's fbx api are pretty much the same and it all boils down which language is more convenient for writing given set of functinalities. I will do a lot of parsing, file reading/writing so I guess the answer here is python. Please, correct me if i am missing something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report