Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import fbx animation onto a biped?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hike1
7227 Views, 2 Replies

import fbx animation onto a biped?

I have a lot of fbx files that were 3ds max biped animated, but I don't know
how to get the fbx animations onto a biped, all the bones are 'bip01' naming
convention, but there's no biped choice in the animation menu. With a biped
I can reuse the animation.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hike1

Hello hike1,

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you wondering if you can reuse biped animations that were saved out as fbx files on other bipeds?

If that is correct, then the answer is yes. As long as you are re-importing the animation back onto a biped, you can reuse all your fbx animation clips. The one thing that you must do is set the File Content drop down menu in the FBX Import Options to Add. Setting it to Add will make sure you Update only the animation on matching objects in the scene. So, since you bipeds should share the same naming conventions for their bones, there won't be a problem transfering animation from one to the other.

Hope this helps,
Carlos
Message 3 of 3
cherrygirlchic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello hike1

I think It's a problem of naming in your skeleton

If an FBX animation files were exported using a biped called " Bip "  then if you want to use it back "import " the biped character was to be named "Bip" too and not "Bip01"  and all the bones has to be named as it used to, if not 3ds max won't find where to place the information.

When you save an animation in BIP format, then doesn't matter the skeleton " biped" name.

Check this tutorial so you can have an idea

http://www.flipbookmarket.com/blog/transfer-animations-motionbuilder-fbx-3ds-max-biped-characte

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report