Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MAX and Maya import

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Visolab
414 Views, 1 Reply

Difference between MAX and Maya import

Thanks for your help!

So, I've integrated the FBX SDK to export from Unity3D. The resulting file loads in MAX and has the correct node names and material assignments.

problem 1

The scene is one node with lots of children nodes. This node's name is "145B". In MAX, it shows up as "145B". In Maya, it turns out to be "FBXASC04945B"

problem 2

Using a test scene, with three objects using the same mesh and three different materials.. MAX brings it in correctly. Maya sticks the same material on each one.

problem 3

the main parent node "145B" shows up wrong in both MAX and Maya. Upside down, with values other than zero in the rotation. I traced the code and localRotation is being set to zero correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks!

Geo

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Visolab
in reply to: Visolab

For the benefit of others.. an update on my problems

Problem 1:

Maya interprets some characters such as numbers. Still working on this one. But, its definitely related to the name of the node. Maybe some encoding is needed.

Problem 2:

Still working on this. Maybe related to using the same mesh for two different nodes.

Problem 3:

Solved by modifying the rotational order on the node and the axis system for the FBX scene.

lNode->SetRotationOrder(FbxNode::EPivotSet::eSourcePivot, FbxEuler::eOrderXZY);

that seems to make MAX and Maya happy, but need to manually invert the Y scale to make it align the same as Unity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report