cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Analysis 360: Parallel processor

Process Analysis 360: Parallel processor

Hi,

I know we can add connection from 1 source to 2 processor that mean we have parallel process. But it's great if we can have 2 option: single proc and parallel proc.

Tks,

6 Comments
muoixd
Contributor

Could anyone explain me detail Minimum Quantity in Processor setting?

Is is batch size?

Tks,

PA 360 Minimum Quantity.JPG

Kenny
Autodesk

Hi Muoixd,

Single Proc:

Do you mean, at one time, only one processor can be active for the two processors? Maybe, the processor with multi operations is what you want (click the "plus" buttton to add operation on the processor), for processor with multi operations, at one time, only one operation can be active (working).

multiop.png

Minimum Quantity:

For process with multi operations, active operation would not be switched until the active operation process "minimum quantity" parts.

Thanks

Kenny

muoixd
Contributor

Hi Kenny,

No, what i meant is how to simulate processor that perform job in batch? For example, heat treatment normally they can treat 10-20 part. How can we change processor setting?

Also we can add parallel processor for simulate more than 2 production line work in same time, it save time and get better results compare with 1 source distribute to two single processor.

Tks,

Kenny
Autodesk

Hi muoixd,

Thanks for explaining your requirement, I have workaround to simulation your "batch process":

1, we should put the 10 parts together as 1 package before send to the heat treatment. (merge)

2, heat the 1 package

3, we should unpackage the package as 10 parts again. (split)

Add image to explain the workaround:

Package_Action_Unpackage.png

If you treat "Merge" + "Heat treatment" + "Split" as one "processor", that maybe the "processor" you want.

Hope, this workaround makes sense to you.

Thanks

Kenny

ramalmap10
Explorer

Thanks Kenny for your last explanation. My problem with mine is that the merger still sends the product to the next processer one after the another. Any suggestion how I can get the "heat"processor to start only after the merger has merged my 18 products.

Thanks a lot man.

XuesongBai
Alumni

Continue to Kenny's workflow, you can try to set the "Lot Size" between the source and heat processor.

12-2-2016 10-38-47 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report