Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Autodesk® Factory for Vault Pro 2017

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Slawomir.Drazkiewicz
803 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to install Autodesk® Factory for Vault Pro 2017

I try to install FDS 2017. but there is some error. Autodesk Factory for Vault pro 2017 can not install. the error message is that "autodesk factory for vault pro 2017 cannot be installed without vault professional 2017. Please install it prior to installing Autodesk Factory for Vault Pro 2017". How can I fix it?

I've already installed Vault Pro 2017, so I have no idea why installation process doesn't see it.

Please see attachments with screenshots and log file.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

hi there,

The vault pro explorer(client) is required to be installed ready.

-XUESONG
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 9

Xuesong, did you check last attachment? I have Vault Pro Client and Server on the same workstation. All screenshots are made on the same computer.
Message 4 of 9

Hi there,

I am sorry I didn't check the attachment that time.

After looking at the attachment,it seems that you have Factory Vault-Addin installed in your vault already. Could not you try to configure the factory asset library by Tools>-Factory configuration?

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately I do not have this add-in. Repository which you see on screenshot was created from backup made by user who had Factory for Vault Pro.

There is no "Tools" -> "Factory configuration" option which I can choose.

Message 6 of 9

Hi Slawomir,
Can you attach the “%temp%\Autodesk Factory for Vault Pro 2017 Install.log” file?

Thanks,

Oleg
Message 7 of 9

Oleg, you can find this log in attachment.

Message 8 of 9

Please export the following registry key and attach it here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Vault Professional\22.0

thanks
Message 9 of 9

Thanks everyone for being helpfull. Issue is solved now. Unfortunately installation packs are language sensitive. I had English versions of Inventor from FDS(U) and polish version PDM Vault Pro. I've downloaded polish installation of FDS(U) and now it works how it should. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report