Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA 360 Operations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
234 Views, 1 Reply

PA 360 Operations

Running PA 360 on a 64bit Win 10 Laptop. Trying to run operations in lots in a single processor. I have 3 operations in one processor, as it finishes the lot in operation 1 it does a setup for operation 2 then processes operation 2. The problem comes when operation 2 is finished. During simulation the first round may process operation 3 or not, if it does not start operation 3 it will jump back to operation 1 and I still have a buffer full from operation 2. Attached is an export of the process file.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
liqinomickey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jason,

I cannot see the attached file, did it uploaded successfully?
But there is a setting in Operation might solve the issue. You can see there is a "Minimum Quantity" in each operation properties. It is used to set "The minimum number of items that must be processed by the operation before the processor can switch to another operation." So make this number higher for Operation 2 of the processor will make sure other operation won't start until certain amount of items is processed by Operation 2.

Another trick in PA 360 here is. If you would like Operation 2 to be the Primary operation of this processor (if there is item waiting in front of it, this operation will work next definitely), you might have to create the node linked to this operation before you create other nodes linked to other operations.

Hope I made myself clear.

Mickey

Mickey.Li@Autodesk.com

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report