Factory Design Suite IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Factory Design Suite with the Development Team.
5 Kudos
petestrycharske

Publish Factory Assets from Factory Layout

by Mentor on ‎01-16-2013 02:09 PM

If one uses Factory Assets and Connectors to configure a new piece of equipment on a Factory Layout, it would be handy to publish this new equipment configuration as its own Factory Asset, from the Factory Layout environment.  This is similar to the idea of "Creating Assets using Assets".  Hope all is well and have a blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Interesting idea!! I'll see what we can do with it.
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-04-2013 08:22 AM
Status changed to: Under Review
Interesting idea!! I'll see what we can do with it.
by Employee on ‎02-04-2013 08:22 AM

Hi Pete,

Just to make sure I am understanding what you are looking for here;  

You want to make a layout - be able to add assets to that layout - and then publish that layout as an asset?

by Mentor on ‎02-04-2013 11:32 AM

Mike, yes I am thinking that the inventor environment could be used to customize equipment and then publish this new custom "configuration" as its own asset, directly from the factory assembly layout.  Yep, I think you have my thoughts figured exactly.  Let me know if you need anything else and have a great day!

Peace,

Pete

by Distinguished Contributor nstalker on ‎11-05-2013 12:30 PM

Try this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uJQkp8Pcs2w?list=PL4LqE1enB2mtqSg4lQaz7zajWUrqw4lHl" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea