cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Inventor Plugin Keyboard Shortcut assignment folly

Fix Inventor Plugin Keyboard Shortcut assignment folly

Please please please please fix the Plugin so it doesn't overwrite my keyboard customizations all the time. 

The default setup is ridiculous. I want to draw a Circle in a sketch. In plain Inventor I press C and I'm ready to go. In FDS Inventor I have to Press C + Enter... 

It's the same with T for text and C for constrain and on and on and on... oh and F for fillet. Why are Facebook and Twitter even options in there? 

I understand why you may want to set them initially, but in no way should a plugin EVER override the settings a user has implemented with in the UI.

This has driven me nuts for 3 years now... my only regret is it's taken this long to post it on the Ideastation.... I have however brought it up for the last 3 years during the beta and this sillyness is still in the product... I mean come on, Facebook and Twitter shortcuts from within a Sketch? I would have loved to have been in the room when that idea was suggested. Bonkers. 

My sarcasm is justified when you consider how much of a pain this is on a daily basis. Please fix this ASAP.

8 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi there,

Sorry for any inconvenience that has been taken to you.

We have fixed the issue in the SP of FDS 2015. That means the custom shortcut key will be preserved always.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

scottmoyse
Mentor

Thanks for chipping in here Xuesong. I have a couple of questions, hopefully the answers are yes...

So if I delete the Twitter customization and any other FDS created shortcut it will remain off? In other words, if I export the customization file from vanilla Inventor and import it into FDS Inventor, then restart it, will any of the FDS shortcuts remap themselves?

pcrawley
Advisor

Great to hear it's been fixed so quickly. I didn't even get time to vote!

Whilst on the subject of shortcut keys, could you also fix this one:  With an assembly open, right-click over a constraint and there are two predefined keyboard shortcuts for the "d" key.  The first is "Drive" and the second is "Delete".  No prizes for guessing which is activated when you press "D".

scottmoyse
Mentor

Blank comment?

XuesongBai
Alumni

Oh. That is someting wrong in my machine.

I said that the issue has been reported to Inventor team.They will consider fixing the issue in the near future release.

scottmoyse
Mentor

Excellent! Thank you. I've installed the new FDS utilities and it's all working beautifully. It's the small things that count. Win! You can change this to implemented if you like?

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

scottmoyse
Mentor

Awesome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report