cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectors with various colors

Connectors with various colors

By selecting a connector in the browser while in the Asset Builder, the color gets selectable. However, it doesn't stick to it if the asset is published or the AB is closed.

I see huge value in different colored connectors to ease up the progress of making layouts. Many different people are making layouts in my company, but usually none of them are making the assets.

Then an extra step might be taken and we can only connect blue+blue, green+green, yellow+yellow etc.

Colored Connectors.JPG

5 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni
Hi there, I like your idea. I have added the requirment into our backlog. Thanks, -Xuesong
petestrycharske
Advisor

Would it be possible for the different connector colors to also be able to pass along different properties / parameter values?

petestrycharske
Advisor

Nevermind my previous comment, that is what the XML file is for.  I must have been sleepy that day...

Anyway, perhaps one could borrow portions of the functionality from iMates in base Inventor?  Might not require a complete reinventing of the wheel and lots of users are somewhat familiar with iMates.  Perhaps have the connectors only connect to their mates and add a distinct check box or option to have it mate to a different connector.  That was always the frustrating part of the iMates, they would try to mate up with any old iMate after exhausting the specified mates...

Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

The feature is available in FDU 2018.1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report