cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access parameters of inserted factory asset using iLogic

Access parameters of inserted factory asset using iLogic

Hello,

I'd like to use iLogic to access parameters of factory assets inserted into a factory layout.

Example: A few days ago I tried to access parameters of inserted factory assets using iLogic and it could not be done. I wanted to create a simple iLogic form that would show how many wall panels remains to be inserted into the wall frame (wall frame was also a factory asset and was driven by its length, width and height). Values should be taken from parameters of inserted assets. Currently it is possible to see and change factory asset parameters only in its own parameter window.

Best regards,

Martin Madaj.

9 Comments
petestrycharske
Advisor

I had a question about this a while back.  I think it would also be beneficial to be able to access and manipulate Asset Variants using iLogic.  For example, if I have a conveyor assembly and I want to go from one path to two paths or double the width, or any change that I want to carry along the entire chain of equipment, it would be nice to manipulate the entire chain using an iLogic form or rule.  I realize that connectors, or even custom connectors could accomplish some of this, but the flexibility of iLogic might be another nice tool to have at our disposal.  If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

martin.madaj
Advocate

Of course... I should have expressed my idea more precisely. If I meant "to access parameters of factory assets", I've also meant "to access and manipulate them, including manipulate asset variants".

Regards, Martin.

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Martin,

Frankly I cannot image the layout you are working. Howerver, could you get the number of wall panel in BOM?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

martin.madaj
Advocate

Hello Xuesong,

Please, take a look at the attached picture... I've got a wall frame that I have to fill with wall panels. If I insert the first wall panel (that has a defined width), I'd like to know how many wall panels of the same width remains to be inserted. All values that I need to work with should be taken from factory assets - dimensions of the wall frame (length and height) can vary and also the width and the thickness of the wall panel can vary. The height of the wall panel is adopted from the wall frame using the connector.fds_ilogic.png

Martin

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Martin,

I got a solution. Could you contact on me by my email(xuesong.bai@autodesk.com).

Thanks,

-Xuesong

jostroopers
Collaborator

Hi Xuesong

Could you share youre solution, i think i can use it for my ceiling panels.

Thanks,

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Your idea has been added to our backlog for future consideration and is being tracked in FDS-11795.

liqinomickey
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Dear Customers,

This Idea has been implemented in Autodesk Factory Design Utilities 2019 release. Thanks to all who voted for this feature.

Mickey on behalf of Factory Team

martin.madaj
Advocate

Good job guys! M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report