Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF Circular Reference Error when Syncing from AutoCAD to Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
450 Views, 1 Reply

XREF Circular Reference Error when Syncing from AutoCAD to Inventor

All,

I am trying to break up a large project into more managable pieces and have run into a snag.  There is a building drawing (I will call the Building)which has been extracted from Revit, that I am XREF'ing into other layouts as an overlay.  One of the workgroups is performing all sorts of calculations to reposition blocks in one of these layouts (I will call this layout Plan).  When then take their drawing and XREF it into a further smaller subassembly (I will call this SubLayout01)for the purpose of placing assets and syncing with Inventor, while still making that process viable (not too long and no errors). 

So, my problem occurs when trying to sync from AutoCAD to Inventor.  As soon as I try to sync to Inventor, I get a message stating that my layout contains circular references.  This should not be the case, as I have referenced a drawing that has only one reference in it.  Since they are not the same references, I am not sure where the circular reference is coming into play.  To get around this, I have removed the Building XREF from the Plan layout and this ultimately allowed me to sync SubLayout01 into Inventor.

Can anyone let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly?  I purposely use the Overlay option in XREF's to avoid this problem, but perhaps I am doing something wrong.  If anyone has any advice, please pass along your thoughts.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Can you email me your dwg dataset so I can take a look? My email address is "yizhou.cao at autodesk.com".

thanks,

Yizhou

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report