Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnResolved Sub-assembly in my Asset

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dennis
502 Views, 2 Replies

UnResolved Sub-assembly in my Asset

I have a rack built from two sub-assemblies using FrameGen.  I now want to publish as an Asset with some variants.  All seems well thru the Publishing process, my Asset icon looks right.  But when I place it I get Unresolved sub-assemblies and the Layout surfaces with sketch lines are the only things that show up.  Attached is a word doc with pics.

Any ideas as to what I have missed?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Update:

I went back rebuilt my sub-assemblies and rebuilt my assembly, insuring that I had used the correct standard.iam template for all three.  Made my asset from the assembly and when I go to place, as it is on the cursor it does show the sub-assemblies. But once placed I get the unresolved on the Frame001 and this time the two subassemblies are grey.  

Message 3 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis,

Personally, I don't recommend that you pubish the Frame Generator(FG) assembly as asset.

Because FG assembly cannot be updated although you change the key paramter in the skeleton.

I suggest that you can keep the FG assembly out of factory library, so you can use insert model command to place it into factory layout assembly.Well, if you want to generate new FG assembly, you can copy it and insert it.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report