Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync to Inventor is greyed out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
glancaster
543 Views, 3 Replies

Sync to Inventor is greyed out

I have the trial version of factory design suite.  I can bring in factory assets in Autocad, however I do not have the option to "Sync to Inventor."  The icon is greyed out.  Any ideas on how I can get this to work?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
guosu
in reply to: glancaster

Have you installed Inventor, and Inventor is installed from Factory Design Suite?

Message 3 of 4
glancaster
in reply to: guosu

My company uses the Product Design Suite so I currently have Inventor 2013 installed.  I installed the trail version of Factory because I think it could be more useful for me instead of Product.  So is this causing the problem and would the only way to fix it be uninstalling the Inventor from the Product Suite?

Message 4 of 4
guosu
in reply to: glancaster

I see. Sync Inventor is Factory special function. If you install Inventor from Product Design Suite firstly, Factory Design Utilities for Inventor can't install sucessfully. So Sync Inventor command in AutoCAD is grayed. Please uninstall Inventor firstly, then reinstall Inventor and Factory Design Utilites for Inventor from Factory Design Suite.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report