Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow update between AutoCAD and Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jfrank90
584 Views, 5 Replies

Slow update between AutoCAD and Inventor

As I continue to add assets to my AutoCAD file I continually update Inventor, problem is the update feature is getting slower and slower. It seems like it is going through every asset I currently have in the file and making sure nothing has changed, problem with this is I am waiting 20 minutes in between updates. We do full Distribution Center designs, conveyor, racking, modules, pallets.. etc. Therefore our files are quite large, is there a way I can only have Inventor update the part I just added in AutoCAD? Most times I am not touching any of the other layer's that have already been synced with Inventor.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
XuesongBai
in reply to: jfrank90

Hi there,

hmmm. I guess that the layout is really huge. Generally,we suggested that we split the large layout into several sub-layouts and then just sync the updated sub-layout acordingly.

You can get the document from (http://a360.co/1qTfHn5) for the detailed workflow.

Thanks,

-Xuesong 

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 6
jfrank90
in reply to: XuesongBai

Will I be able to use 3D assets has objects in my sub-layouts? When I try and follow the document my 3D objects do not reappear when I attach the .dwg to the main drawing.

Message 4 of 6
jfrank90

As a matter of fact when I use my original 2D drawing I cannot get the sub-layout to show up after I "delete" it using the wblock command. I attach it and I verified it has been loaded but nothing shows up.

Message 5 of 6
jfrank90

Disregard I got it working, thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 6
XuesongBai

That is cool.

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report