Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
kgadgil
275 Views, 4 Replies

Showcase

Hello,

I was trying to modify positional representations in showcase ( pulled up from inventor) in a way that I can control visibility of parts. I don't see staying consistent with other positional representations. It wither changes hide/unhide status or positional representation. I am not able to save it permanently.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: kgadgil

Hi there,

Are you using Suite Wokflows functionality to send the Inventor Model to Showcase? If so, Both View representations and Position Representations which are created in Inventor will be converted to Visibility and Positional Alternative Lineups in Showcase.

6-24-2013 10-05-32 AM.png

By the way, are you using the FDS now?

Thanks,

-Xuesong 

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 5
kgadgil

Hello,

No. I didn't have Suite Workflow functionality option 'ON' on my Inventor. It can be becasue I happened to install Showcase much later than Inventor. So my source folder for showcase model is a pack-n-go folder from inventor. Yes I was able to get both positional and visibiliyt lineups in Showcase, however they are not consistent, I need to change Visibility lineup to get required results in Positional lineup. If other visibility lineup is clicked that time, it will show those parts which I don't want to see in that positional lineup. Nor was I able to save that as a shot for storyboard. As in storyboard, the shot will change depending on which visibility lineup is clicked that time.

Message 4 of 5
XuesongBai

Hi there,

Could you please share the sample file with me? So that, I can closed look at your intention. My email is Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 5
kgadgil

Hello Xuesong,

I am trying some other way and looks like it is working. I will let you know if I am stuck again.

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report