Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup troubleshoot

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Sprocket107
405 Views, 4 Replies

Setup troubleshoot

Hye.

I use to be able to place assets in my layout without trouble. I placed part assets as well as assembly assets. But I should have change something in my setup because I can not place assembly assets no more. (part assets still works fine). As soon as I placed a assembly asset, Inventor 2014 crashes.

I would like to know if there is anyone who can tell me where to look for to troubleshoot my setup to be able to place assembly assets again.

Thanks

Andre

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: Sprocket107

Hi there,

Actually there is no specific setting for placing assembly asset.
Could you share me a video of the workflow you are using now?
You can send it to Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 5
Sprocket107
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Xuesong

Yes I will share you a video of the workflow I'm using. In the meanwhile, is the location of the "Factory Assets" or "Factory Library" directories important? Is the location of my IPJ file important? Is the templates and Design Data could be the source of my problem? Or maybe something in Factory Option?

The video will show the placing of the system asset "MEZZANINE" (or any assembly asset) and then... crash. (I can not send it now but I will tomorrow).

The placing of any part asset works fine.

Thank you very much

Andre

Message 4 of 5
yizhou.cao
in reply to: Sprocket107

Hi Andre,

Did you send a crash report to Autodesk? When you do so, please fill out the email address and add some comments so we can look it up.

Thanks,

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 5 of 5
Sprocket107
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Hi

Since I wrote to Autodesk Factory Design forum to ask for an advise about my trouble, I found that there is an application newly installed on my PC which is the cause of crashing Inventor.

So I’m working now into this new application to fix my problem.

Now I know that Inventor factory 2014 is working fine.

No need to spend more time on this case.

Thank you all

Andre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report