Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Operation Defaults in Factory Design Suite

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
597 Views, 2 Replies

Question on Operation Defaults in Factory Design Suite

All,

I am working on some AutoCAD layout optimization with the factory design suite and have a question about the Operation Defaults.  If I have a layout for a factory work cell and two product that I wish to produce, I would like a way to have certain operations for one of the layouts and another set for the other product.  My thought was to create a custom AutoCAD profile with the operation defaults set for the first product and a second profile for the second product. 

However, this approach doesn't seem to work.  I created a test profile with just a couple of test operations, exported the profile and closed AutoCAD.  When I relaunched ACAD and switched to the test profile, the operation defaults were gone.  I even removed the profile from the list and reloaded it.

Is there a way to shuffle operation defaults (and the other defaults) around?  Are they just tied to a particular drawing?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Pete,

How many operations will be for one products?  Currently, factory options settings are not supported into the profiles.

However, you can set the default operation default and save the dwg as different templates(for example,ACA Factory Metric Template.dwt).

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3

Xuesong,

The number of operations depends on the product, but I used to design aluminum doors and windows and so it could easily be a dozen or so.  My thinking behind the profile idea is that you could have one AutoCAD drawing for the plant layout and then load up operations from the profile to check the layout efficiency based on each product line.  The template could also be an effective solution, thanks for the idea.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report