Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publich asset sketch

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
j.vanderheijden
800 Views, 11 Replies

Publich asset sketch

I have a part published with 2d options to make a simple sketch to show.
The sketch need only consist of a rectangle.
If I place the asset in acad and sync to inventor i get the simple outline visible.
If I place the asset from Inventor and I sync with acad I get to see a detailed sketch.
How come I get two different sketches, while I publish i see a simple sketch?

Mvg Jos

Your drawings are only as good as the symbols that complete them...
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

I tried your asset. It worked well for me. I got the simple sketch in the dwg as expected. Can you send me your dwg file so we can take a look? My email is "yizhou.cao at autodesk.com".

Thanks,

Yizhou

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 12

Hi Jos,

"If I place the asset in acad and sync to inventor i get the simple outline visible."

The 2d asset(simple outline) you placed in ACAD is the one that you published to factory library,
"If I place the asset from Inventor and I sync with acad I get to see a detailed sketch."

Maybe, the asset that you have changed some parameters already in Inventor. And then Sync AutoCAD, so the outline is not the 2d asset from factory library, it is created on the fly by Inventor.

If you don't not change any parameter of asset in Inventor, I think you will also get the simple outline after Sync AutoCAD.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 12
XuesongBai
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Jos,

By the way, we have new functionality in FDS 2013, say Asset Variant.  If you have series size of the asset, I recommend you can create the Asset Variant (iAsset) of the asset along skecth publishing. So when you place any size of asset, you will always get the simple outline.

Attached is the sample of the iAsset based on your asset.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 5 of 12

If I place youre iAsset independent  and I change an asset than all issued iAssets change.
Is it not the intention that youre iAsset change independently from each other like an ipart?

Mvg Jos

Message 6 of 12
jeff.pek
in reply to: j.vanderheijden

Yes, that's the intention. How are you placing it, and how are you changing it?

Jeff

Message 7 of 12
j.vanderheijden
in reply to: jeff.pek

I place the asset with Insert Model and then i select the panel in the browser and change the parameters.

Mvg Jos

Message 8 of 12
jeff.pek
in reply to: j.vanderheijden

Hi again -

When you place with Insert Model, it doesn't create a separate copy of the component, and so parameter changes apply to all occurrences.

If you want it to behave like the other library assets, you need to publish it to the library, and then place it from there.

Jeff

Message 9 of 12

Hi Jos,

Jeff is right. We recommend that you should publish your assets to the Factory library and then place it from Asset browser.Expecially for iAsset, you can choose the member on the menu of  the iAsset in the asset browser before you place it.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 10 of 12
j.vanderheijden
in reply to: jeff.pek

I published the iAsset and it works, Thanks guys.

Mvg Jos

Message 11 of 12

When i place an asset in Inventor and i don't change anything the sketch stays simple.

When i place an asset in Inventor and i change a parameter i get the detail sketch.

When i place my imate panel who is not a asset i get the detail sketch and i then suppres some flange and then i get the simple sketch.

I try to make an ilogic rule so i suppress the flanges when i sync to acad, that wil solv my problem i hope.

Mvg Jos

Message 12 of 12

If you are placing a 2D sketch as your factory asset and want to dimensions to stay invisible within Inventor, right click on the sketch in the model browser (prior to publishing the asset) and uncheck the "Dimension Visibility" option.  Then when you publish the asset, there is no sketch in Inventor.  Even after I selected one of the asset variants, the sketch still remained invisible.  Hopefully this helps with your situation and have a blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report