Factory Design Suite General Discussion

Contributor
strijkp
Message 1 of 5 (243 Views)
Accepted Solution

Private sharing of Factory Assets

243 Views, 4 Replies
07-23-2012 05:42 AM

What's the best way to share a number of Factory Users Assets with a privite selected group of people?

Hi Peter,

In this case, I recommend you shared the factory user assets by Vault. So the project members can access to vault,although they are out of office.

Attached is the workflow I was writing as workflow test, hope that will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Employee
jeff.pek
Message 2 of 5 (241 Views)

Re: Private sharing of Factory Assets

07-23-2012 05:48 AM in reply to: strijkp

Hi Peter -

This isn't possible today with Cloud-based assets.

The only thing is to publish them to a commonly-available network file share.

We hope to be able to deliver controlled sharing of Cloud-based assets in a future release.

Jeff

Employee
XuesongBai
Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)

07-23-2012 06:57 PM in reply to: strijkp

Hi Peter,

Are the people in the same company? Or can they get the assets from shared network folder? Or are they using the vault?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Contributor
strijkp
Message 4 of 5 (228 Views)

07-24-2012 03:07 AM in reply to: XuesongBai

In this case, yes, we want to share assets between Autodesk employees for demo preparation etc...which cannot be made public.

So we can add a common server location and define the server path as an additional library location in the project file. But I wanted to know the workflow to share assets between project members without having access to a common server location.

Employee
XuesongBai
Message 5 of 5 (222 Views)

07-24-2012 06:10 PM in reply to: strijkp

Hi Peter,

In this case, I recommend you shared the factory user assets by Vault. So the project members can access to vault,although they are out of office.

Attached is the workflow I was writing as workflow test, hope that will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.