Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Load with and without the FDS Tools

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dennis
621 Views, 7 Replies

Navisworks Load with and without the FDS Tools

Is there a "switch" that can be set that will allow Navisworks to be loaded without the FDS Tools?  And then a alternate "switch" to load the FDS Tools?

I have a significate slow down in performance of Navisworks with the FDS Tools loaded.  And it is a bother to Uninstall/Reinstall to accomplish the same thing that a "switch" would do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
guosu
in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis,

Currently there is no way to unload Factory Utility for Navisworks quickly. Could you please try to uncheck Floor Visible, Grid Visible and Snap to Model, Snap to Grid in Options Editor dialog firstly? If it still can't improve the performance, please share your data to us if convenient then we can investigate the issue. We will treat your dataset as confidential.

Thanks,

Sucy 

Message 3 of 8
dennis
in reply to: guosu

I tried turning off the settings you mentioned.  Seems the Grid Display is the main culprit.  I can turn the Floor back on and it seems fine.  But as soon as I turn on the Grid Display, I get the spinning blue circle of death and Not Responding.

Message 4 of 8
guosu

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your reply. I try to open a simple factory layout file, and turn off Grid Display then turn on. But it seems work well.  So is it convenient for you to share the file with us then we can have a look? We will treat your dataset as confidential.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 5 of 8
dennis
in reply to: guosu

Latest update: Here is what I discovered.  First off, it was giving me the crash and burn with no data set loaded.  So, it wasn't a particular dataset.  Then I discovered the AutoSize of the floor was godzilla-huge, miles and miles.  So I changed the size to 50 feet square.  Turned on the grid with no problem then.  Now, the only thing I need to fix is the orientation of the floor.  It is ortho to the right-side (or left, not sure which is up) of the view cube rather than the top.  When I try to set any other view as Front, via the right-click, nothing happens. 

Any suggestions on the orientation?

Message 6 of 8
guosu

Hi Dennis,

You don't need to adjust orientation by yourself. If you sync Navisworks from AutoCAD or open Inventor Layout file directly in Navisworks, it will adjust the orientation automatically. Floor will be seen in Top view.

Message 7 of 8
olegd.prod

I do not think such a switch exists.
Can you describe your environment (software versions, etc) and the NW workflow where you are seeing a slow-down in performance of Navisworks with the FDS Tools loaded ?

thanks
Message 8 of 8
olegd.prod
in reply to: olegd.prod

please ignore the last post form me.

I replied to this thread via email almost a month ago, and it looks like the forum system just now processed that email Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report