Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2015 with FDS Tools Locks up

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dennis
670 Views, 8 Replies

Navisworks 2015 with FDS Tools Locks up

Ok, what is the trick here?  If I install the FDS Tools onto Navisworks, then it locks up and crashes (offers no crash report to send).  I can uninstall the FDS Tools and it works fine.

So how do I get the FDS Tools 2015 to work in Navisworks?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jeff.pek
in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis -

Depending on which Service Pack of Navisworks 2015 you have installed, you'll need one of the hotfixes for FDS, available here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/factory-design-suite#?cg=Downloads&p=Factory%20Design%20Suite&...

Changes were introduced as part of the Service Pack that impacted FDS functionality -- these hotfixes correct this issue.

Regards,

Jeff

Message 3 of 9
dennis
in reply to: jeff.pek

Y'all are sending me around in circles. 

Reference:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/definative-guide-to-install-fdsu2015/td-p...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/fds19103-will-not-install/td-p/5353269

I am now back to my original post here, what are the sequence of events to get FDS2015 Installed and working?  What FDSTools Update should be installed and what is the correct name (I find it has been referenced by at least two different names).  Specifically after applying the Tool Updates and Service Packs, what Hotfixes need to be applied.

Has anyone out there actually gotten FDS2015 with the updates and service packs working correctly throughout the entire suite?

Factory_Design_Utilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN.Exe

Navisworks Manage 2015 Service Pack 3

AutoCADs Service Pack 2

Inventor: SP1

Hotfix:FDS19201 installed

Hotfix:FDS19203 installed

Hotfix:FDS19101 will not install, just spins at Initializing

Hotfix:FDS19102 will not install, error msg upgrade patch cannot be installed by Windows service

Hotfix:FDS19103 will not install, just spins at Initializing

Hotfix:FDS19105 will not install, error msg upgrade patch cannot be installed by Windows service

My Navisworks 2015 gets the error msg: Internal error, can't load plugin dll referencing the lcodpfactory.dll

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire suite.  Then I just uninstalled the FDSTools from Navisworks.  Then Navisworks works fine.  I apply the SP3, it works fine. I reload the tools, and it stops working. I apply the hotfixes, two will install the others will not.

Side note: On another completely different machine, that I am setting up FDS2014 for a client, I am running once again into problems with the FDS Tools.  From my memory I have always had to jump hoops to get this suite to install and update correctly.

Message 4 of 9
dennis

UPDATE:  I went through the following:

Uninstalled all FDS Tools from all applications

Uninstalled all Hotfixes relating to FDS

All 2015 applications run fine:

• AutoCADs with SP2
  • Inventor no SP
  • Navisworks no SP

From original decompressed Autodesk folder on my hard drive, I reran the FDSU2015 Setup and installed the 2015 FDS Utilities for the Applications.

Tested my applications for the FDS Utilities:

• AutoCAD (Vanilla) FDS Utilities 20.0.102.008 show in Control Panel
    • No Factory Tab
    • Reinstalled via the Control Panel Programs
    • Still no Factory Tab in vanilla AutoCAD. I found some old 2012 posts that it is not intended to run in vanilla. Can it be made to run in vanilla or not? Or is this a faulty install?
  • AutoCAD Architecture
    • Has Factory Tab (prior to Reinstall)
  • AutoCAD Mechanical
    • Has Factory Tab (prior to Reinstall)
  • Inventor FDS Utilities 19.0.102.008
    • Has Factory Tab
  • Navisworks Utilities 12.0102.004
    • Has Factory Tab

Now on to installing the FDS Utilities Update.

ReadMe Warnings: I have no betas. I have the SP2 for ACA already installed.  It mentions SP3 but doesn’t specifically say to install it first.  However once running the Update, I had a warning saying that NWSP3 was advisable.  So my install sequence was to first install NWSP3.

Tested Navisworks with SP3: (not with FDS Utilities Update)

• No FDS Utilities,
  • white screen of death
  • locked up

Went to install HotFix: FDS19103, but it said to install the Utilities Update first. So I installed Factory_Design_Utilites_2015_Feature_Update_pack_EN.exe

Now, according to the forum link below, I don’t need FDS19103. If I do run it, it just spins on Initializing.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/fds19103-will-not-install/td-p/5353269

When I launch Navisworks Manage now, anything I select, such as the corner of the view cube, the cursors just spins, then white screen, stalls, does nothing, then crashes. Tried to off the Hardware Accl via the ProgramGroup/NW/Options Editor.  Didn’t help.

Installed Inventor SP1 and the INV19102 Hotfix. Inventor is fine.

All other apps seem fine.

Message 5 of 9
dennis

Latest Attempt:

Uninstalled FDSU2015

Reinstalled FDSU2015, all apps ran fine with the outtabox install

Installed FDU_UP1,

Two Inventor Hotfixes, having a hard time figuring out which or either I should install: FDS19102 and FDS19105, both x64

Tested, all apps run fine, specifically Navisworks is running fine

Installed Navisworks SP1 and SP2

Ran Hotfix FDS19101

Tested Navisworks, and all other apps, all fine

Installed Navisworks SP3, then the FDS19103

Installed the FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN

Navisworks locks up, but could see the Factory Tools before it locked up

Uninstalled NWSP3

NW runs fine, but no Factory tools

Tried to uninstall just the FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN just for Navisworks and could not.  So, I reinstalled the NWSP3.

After reinstalling SP3, I was still unable to install the NW Feature Update tools, so I uninstalled the Factory Tools completely from NW.

Navisworks runs fine.

I reinstall the Factory tools from outtabox.  Navisworks crashes.

Uninstalled NWSP3

Installed the Update Pack for Navisworks and did not install SP3

No Factory Tools in Navisworks, but it runs fine.

Unless proven otherwise, I hereby declare the FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN for Navisworks and SP3 uncompatible with one another.  Alot of work and time to finally come to such a conclusion.

Message 6 of 9
dennis

Appears that the FDS Tools R2 for 2015 will set the Navisworks "floor" to a huge size, which will make the Grid Display lock up NW.  Resetting the size is the fix.

Message 7 of 9
guosu

Glad to hear about that Navisworks Factory can work well. And please remember, if you install NWSP3, you must install FDS19103 or install Feature Update Pack for FDS(Feare Update Pack for FDS has included FDS19103).

Here is the comment for installation.

Latest Attempt:

Uninstalled FDSU2015

Reinstalled FDSU2015, all apps ran fine with the outtabox install

Installed FDU_UP1,

Two Inventor Hotfixes, having a hard time figuring out which or either I should install: FDS19102 and FDS19105, both x64

Tested, all apps run fine, specifically Navisworks is running fine

Installed Navisworks SP1 and SP2

Ran Hotfix FDS19101

Tested Navisworks, and all other apps, all fine

Installed Navisworks SP3, then the FDS19103

Installed the FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN

Navisworks locks up, but could see the Factory Tools before it locked up

[Sucy] Navisworks locks up because of "huge" floor. It is really strange. Till now we can't reproduce.

Uninstalled NWSP3

NW runs fine, but no Factory tools

[Sucy] Right behavior. FDS19103 must work together with NWSP3

Tried to uninstall just the FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN just for Navisworks and could not.  So, I reinstalled the NWSP3.

[Sucy]Right behavior, FDUtilities_2015_Feature_Update_Pack_EN for Navisworks can’t uninstall. We have readme this issue.

After reinstalling SP3, I was still unable to install the NW Feature Update tools, so I uninstalled the Factory Tools completely from NW.

Navisworks runs fine.

I reinstall the Factory tools from outtabox.  Navisworks crashes.

[Sucy] Right behavior, because FDS19103 has been uninstalled when user uninstalled the Factory Tools completely.

Uninstalled NWSP3

Installed the Update Pack for Navisworks and did not install SP3

No Factory Tools in Navisworks, but it runs fine.

[Sucy] Right behavior, Feature Update Pack for Navisworks Factory must run on NWSP3.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 8 of 9
olegd.prod

Our QA team is looking into this
Message 9 of 9
olegd.prod
in reply to: olegd.prod

please ignore the last post form me. 

I replied to this thread via email almost a month ago, and it looks like the forum system just now processed that email Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report