Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material flow simulations using Factory Design Suite

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daviddelaney1748
500 Views, 3 Replies

Material flow simulations using Factory Design Suite

I am looking for a software that can use actual cycle times and durations to simulate material and product flow processes for our company.

Our facility drawings are in AutoCAD and our product parts and tooling are in CATIA 3D. Other parts like staging and furniture are usually in AutoCAD. I need to be able to integrate all these models and have the products flow following specific cycle times and material flows. The objective is not to animate the factory floor but to validate that the flow is correct and identify potential bottle necks in our process.

Would the Factory Design Suite have all the functionalities to help me?

If not, could someone help me find the right solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi there,

You can import Catia model into Inventor and publish them as Factory library assets(both 2d and 3D, which are associated). And then place 2D assets in AutoCAD, afterwards you can do the specific cycle times and material flows by Factory Optimization functionality in AutoCAD.

Please let us know if you have any problem and help.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you Xuesong.

I will download a trial version to see if the functionalities are what I need.

Do you know if Inventor can convert Catia V5R21 models? For the moment I have Building Design Suite Premium with Fusion 2013 and it will not allow me to convert them.

Also should I download the whole FDS package or can I only download the Factory utilities add-on?

Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

Inventor 2013 can convert Catia V5R21 models as Inventor native model. Currently we don't provide the package of Factory utilities add-on only. So you must download the whole FDS package now.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report