Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Parameters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Light_Guy
377 Views, 3 Replies

Losing Parameters

We have just recently upgraded to FDS and so we are still in the learning process but here is our problem - Because parameters are now so very important to creating an FDS asset we are finding that we are very limited on how we can create the assets. Our latest problem is trying to create an asset from an assembly. When creating the assembly we lose the parameters created on the individual parts and thus we lose the parameters we would like to use for the asset. Are we missing something or is this the current nature of the beast and I need to post this in the other FDS forum?

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: Light_Guy

Hi,

I think you want to control the specific parameter value of the individual part in the assembly asset. So that, I recommend that you follow the following steps:

1,Create the user parameter that will map to the specific parameter value of the individual part, and make it as key parameter

2,New iLogic rule and do the mapping between assemble parameter and the specific parameter of the  individual part by iLogic Code.Please refer to the snapshot as below.

assembly key parameter.png

Please let me know if there is any help.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4
Light_Guy
in reply to: XuesongBai

I got the same suggestion from one of my support instructors and it does work, my problem is, I have to create a lot of these assemblies and justifying the time it takes to add all the parameters in like that can be a challenge in a time crunched world. I have added an enhancement request on the FDS suggestion group. Thanks for getting back to me!

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 4 of 4
petestrycharske
in reply to: Light_Guy

Paul,

I am also digging in to learn the Factory Design Suite and have been running into the same challenge.  Haven't had an opportunity to try this yet, but you could try making the adjustable parts in your assembly adaptive.  This should allow you to set some assembly level parameters and drive the changes down from there.  If I get the opportunity, in the next couple of days, I will give it a shot and let you know how it works.  Might not be the ideal solution, but could get you by for now.  Let me know how this works for you and have a blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report