Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Factory Design Suite Bugs

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
coreyparks
2814 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor Factory Design Suite Bugs

Is anyone using this new suite of software yet?  I have some bugs that are crashing me constantly.  I would love to report some of this but I don't know where to go to do that.  I have had literally 15-20 crashes in the last 45 minutes to an hour.  It mainly seems to stem from connection points in relation to user generated assets.  Thanks all.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jeff.pek
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey -

Our regular support folks should be able to help you on Factory Suite issues. Of course, you can also ask questions on the discussion group.

If you have any details on the model/assets you're working with, and the precise operations that seem to be triggering the crashes, that would be helpful. Also, have you submitted crash reports for these?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 3 of 12
joe.doyle.yyz

Corey,

Can you provide more detailed steps that lead to the crash? Also, can you share a sample of the asset you are generating that triggers this?

Regards,

Joe 

Message 4 of 12

Corey,

Please feel free to contact me directly so we can work through this issue: joe.doyle@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Joe

Message 5 of 12
coreyparks
in reply to: joe.doyle.yyz

I have created a set of assets that are similar to the conveyors we use in production.  I can place these without issue initially.  However when I change the length of a conveyor body nothing attached to it using the connection points updates.  All attached assets stay in the original location before the dimension change as if the connection points have not moved.  I then hold the F7 key and drag the asset out of the line.  This dissconnects it from all connection points.  Once this is done I drag it back into place and the points reconnect in the correct way, usually.  The problem with this is that about every second or third time I do this the program crashes when I am either dragging the part out of line or back into line.  To get around this for now I am simply constraining everything as I normally would in Inventor.  Also I just seem to get random crashes when dragging either user or Autodesk supplied assets.  One of the last crashes I was dragging the man supplied in the software from one point to another and the program crashed.  Been a little frustrating this afternoon.  No crashes since I started using actual contraints to put things together.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 6 of 12
joe.doyle.yyz

Corey,

The Factory team has reproduced the issue you reported; we have logged FDS-693 for the issue. The team is working on a fix.

Regards,

Joe

Message 7 of 12
alechine74

I too have encountered the same errors and crash of Coreyparks. Was released a fix for this problem? My OS is Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM and Nvidia FX2800M. I installed the service pack 1 for Inventor, Architecture and Navisworks but without any benefit

Thanks

Alessandro

Message 8 of 12
joe.doyle.yyz
in reply to: alechine74

Alessandro,

Can you try the hotfix here:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15505140&linkID=15639656

Also, can you provide the dataset? You can send it directly to me at: joe.doyle@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Joe

Message 9 of 12

Hello

1:) I just installed Factory design suite premium 2011, and after max 30 min. my Inventor crashed. I can´t attach any asset set or assembly. since it crashed before i got a chance to save it.

But I can explain what i did, seems to be related to earlier post.

I used the standard asset conveyour, provided by the installation. connected 2-3 set of straight conveyours. Then I changed the height, on the middle conveyour. and pressed "update" this worked fine and all conveyours was changed into same height.

But when i tried changing length of middle conveyour, the model changed. but connection points din't. which left conveyours at original position. I then tried to move the conveyor, to make it grap the new extended location. and when i realesed the mouse button, Inventor crashed leaving me with an error report, which i explained my sad story to.

just hoping to know if there is a fix to adress this issue.

2:) I'm also experiencing a giant setback in the standard shortcut keys in Inventor 2011. Everything has to be followed by a press on ENTER. example: circle in sketch before "C" now in 2011 "C+Enter".  I really hope there is a way to go back to the old way of keyboard"shortcuts". otherwise shortcut might not be so correct...

Message 10 of 12

Problem 1 solved i guess.

found a hotfix that should adress the problem:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15859319&linkID=9242019

Message 11 of 12

@BoBaunsgaardJensen8032 wrote:

2:) I'm also experiencing a giant setback in the standard shortcut keys in Inventor 2011. Everything has to be followed by a press on ENTER. example: circle in sketch before "C" now in 2011 "C+Enter".  I really hope there is a way to go back to the old way of keyboard"shortcuts". otherwise shortcut might not be so correct...

And this abomination is still present. The worst thing is EVERYTIME you restart Inventor the FDS plugin loads and forces these horrid additional shortcuts back into the customization settings. I'm baffled more people aren't kicking off about this.  

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 12
lfried
in reply to: scottmoyse

@scottmoyse wrote:

And this abomination is still present. The worst thing is EVERYTIME you restart Inventor the FDS plugin loads and forces these horrid additional shortcuts back into the customization settings. I'm baffled more people aren't kicking off about this.  

I'm not expriencing this issue in 2014 version. I hit S for Sketch, boom. C for circle, L for line...all without touching Enter.

What I DO hate is that foot-inch dimensions require me to put the quotes after the inches. If I type in 12'7, it's should be plenty obvious that the 7 is inches. AutoCAD and Revit understand this just fine, why not Inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report