Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 crashes after syncing to AutoCAD

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
martin.madaj
648 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2015 crashes after syncing to AutoCAD

Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask if anyone have similar experience with Factory Design Suite 2015: almost everytime I try to sync the factory assets from Inventor to AutoCAD (Mechanical, Architecture...) Inventor crashes to CER window (I reported this using CER). I try to sync my custom assets created from STEP file as well as cloud assets. It happens with different assets and files - it is not related to one document only. I have Win 7 64bit with latest updates, also my FDSU 2015 is updated to the latest service packs.

Thus, one of the most key features in FDS is unusable for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Martin Madaj

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
XuesongBai
in reply to: martin.madaj

Hi Martin,

I am sorry that any inconvenience taken to you.
We will search the CER report that sent from you. Could you please let me know the email info you filled in the CER ?
If we could not reproduce the issue, we need to look at your machine by remote. So could you please send me a mail to me by Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com. Then I can contact you directly.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 12
nstalker
in reply to: XuesongBai

this happens to me too.  I can sync from ACAD to Inventor but not the other way without crashing.

Message 4 of 12
nstalker
in reply to: nstalker

I had to find out what the problem assets were.  There were some tires that were "level of detail".  I deleted them from the 2d ACAD drawing and from the project.  I saved the ACAD drawing as a new version and then resynced and now I can go back and forth again.

Message 5 of 12
XuesongBai

That is helpful clue to investigate the issue.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
Message 6 of 12
XuesongBai

Hi there, We can reproduce the issue in specific builds and workflow. We are investigating the issue now. If we have any follow-up, I will update on you. Thank you very much for your patience and collaboration. I own you a beer:) Thanks, -Xuesong
Message 7 of 12
martin.madaj

Xuesong, maybe we should buy you a beer because your reactions are really fast. M.

Message 8 of 12
nstalker

Yes but it should be a Michigan beer 🙂
Message 9 of 12
XuesongBai

I can offer Qingdao beer.I am based at Shanghai office.I will attend on AU this year in LV. I will buy you beer if you are there too.
Bottom up.Let us enjoy the Brazil World Cup now.goal,goal...
Message 10 of 12
rquinton

Hi we are having the same problem. just updated to 2015, now when using new Factory layout with migrated 2014 assets the Inventor crashes. It works fine with single part assets and simple assembly assets, but as soon as we use and asset which contains i-logic it asks for a new level of detail on save, then crashes. I followed this up by creating a 'Base' level of detail before I added the asset, this eliminated the save level stage, but still crashed the software so I suspect the i-logic element of the assembly.

Message 11 of 12
tanghong77
in reply to: rquinton

HI Martin,

Is that fine to send us the layout which is causing crash? my email: irene.tang@autodesk.com

And if you just upgrade to FDS 2015, you may need other packages to address some known issues. Here are one post you can refer to:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/which-hotfix-or-sp-for-fds-2015-do-i-need...

thanks,

Irene

Message 12 of 12
martin.madaj
in reply to: tanghong77

Hello Irene,

My post about synchronization problems is obsolete but I'd suggest to apply the latest updates of FDS 2015 to rquinton, who sent the most recent post to this topic.

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report