Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing on multiple computers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nstalker
665 Views, 5 Replies

installing on multiple computers

Hello,

My laptop wasn't cutting it for Inventor so we got another computer.  I installed FDSP 2014 on the new machine and I'm trying to activate the software but it is saying that it is not a valid serial number even though it is the serial number I used to install the software on my laptop.  It's my understanding that you can install the software on up to (2) computers as long as only one machine is running the software at a time.  Do I misunderstand this?  Or have I chosen the wrong installation type?  I chose stand-alone install when I installed it on my laptop and I chose the same thing when I installed it on the desktop PC.

-Noel Stalker

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
camilo.lemos
in reply to: nstalker

Hi nstalker,

You undertsand the licensing terms correctly. You have also chosen the correct instalaltion method.

Can you please send me the serial number that's giving you problems via Private Message ((click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)?

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo,

There are two users with your name on the site (see attached screenshot).  I don't want to send my serial number to the wrong user.  Which one is you?  Also, how will you be able to help me once I send my serial number to you?  Thanks!

Regards

Noel Stalker

Message 4 of 6
camilo.lemos

Hi Noel,

I'm the top user on your image, with the picture and the higher post count:)

Once I have received your serial number I'll be able to look at all activities related to it in our systems and I'll be able to determine why you are getting this error. There are a few posstibilities I'm already considering but I need to see to be sure.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo, Thank you for your help and your fast response!

Message 6 of 6
camilo.lemos

You're very welcome, Noel!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report