Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problem

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1726 Views, 12 Replies

Install problem

Hello,

i wish to instal the trial of the factory design suite 2014 . If i start the install i always get the following error.

My machine is a brandnew i5 Notebook with win8 and 1600 x 900 graphics. I have administrator rights. 

Fehler.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Christian!

Can you try utilizing a different download / delivery method and let me know if that resolves the issue,

specifically Browser Download.

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Factory Design Suites) through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you very much for your help. It probably works, but i can only download the English Version. I want the German Version of the suite.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

I have load the installation. The install produces an error and it does not work. I have no idea how to solve the problem.

error2.JPG

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Did you see my third post? It is still not possible to install the suit and i dont know what to do.

Message 6 of 13
philip.s

I've just sent you a Private Message with the FDSU 2014 German direct download links. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Hi,

thank you for your help. It wasn't the solution of the problem. It seems to be the length of the temp-directory path. I changed it in my system to c:\temp and when i restarted the setup  it worked without any problems. Perhaps its a good idea to check out the field-length in your install. In my case it was 182 signs before the change which seems to be to long for the autodesk install-program.

Perhaps this solution will help. I found different posts with the same problem in other places while i was searching for help. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I tried installing the factory design utility but I keep getting an error message saying my laptop doesn't meet the minimum specification. Is there a way to work around this? The processor base speed seems to be the problem. I will appreciate any valuable input thanks

Message 9 of 13
liqinomickey

Hi @Anonymous 

Would you please paste the specifications of your current machine? Thank you.

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: liqinomickey

system config.PNGsystem config1.PNG

Message 11 of 13
KevinHu_PDMS_Vault

May I know if you installed any FDU host app before installing FDU 2022? you need to first install at least one of below host apps.

Inventor Professional 2022

AutoCAD Mechanical 2022

AutoCAD Architecture 2022

AutoCAD MEP 2022

Navisworks Manage 2022

Vault Professional 2022

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: KevinHu_PDMS_Vault

I finally fixed it. Thanks so much.

Message 13 of 13
bhave_vikram99

Did it work after you installed one of the FDU host apps? I installed AutoCAD Mech 2022 but still gives me the same error. Any idea why?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report