Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert asset for the first time in a very, very slow. FDSU2015

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
AlbertoTorres
732 Views, 13 Replies

Insert asset for the first time in a very, very slow. FDSU2015

When you insert a component first Inventor 2015 (Part of Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015 is Spanish) is left wondering very long time until finally inserts (20 minutes) The following insertions of the same component are fast. I noticed that only about components which are created for the first time. Under one of the Asset packaging that give this problem (IPE80 Recto.zip) Although I think is not the Asset is something of Inventor or Factory utilities. Also below the inserted packaging components are generated (Factory.zip Components) I have to do demos Factory customers and is unmanageable with this problem. Factory and Inventor with latest SP and Updates. Service Pack 1 and Update Factory applied. Inventor servece Pack applied. Dell Precision M4500 8Gb RAM NVidia Quadro FX 1800M with 1GB dedicated RAM integrated.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

ZIP Files...
Message 3 of 14

Let me not attach zip files
Message 4 of 14
tanghong77
in reply to: AlbertoTorres

Hello, Alberto,

Thanks for letting us know the issue. Are you saying only inserting this component( IPE80 Recto.zip) into factory layout at the first time will have the performance issue?  Is that mean inserting other component doesn't have issue?

Is that fine to share the data to us?

If yes, my email address is irene.tang@autodesk.com

thanks,

Irene

Message 5 of 14
AlbertoTorres
in reply to: tanghong77

I have disabled the option of Factory----Components----"Start the Relocate command after inserting a Component" And now it works perfect. You can look at this problem? Thank you.
Message 6 of 14

I open the case. Follow malfunctioning. Any published (Local or Cloud) component from Inventor 2015 Spanish has the same problem. First inserted (approx 20 min.) Second time immediately. Had ** worked well because it was the second time he inserted
Message 7 of 14
XuesongBai

Hi there,

Yes, that will take a little bit low performance when you place an asset for the first time.

But it is not saying that will be taking 20 minuts. We will take a close look at the issue.

Did you have a try in English version?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 8 of 14
tanghong77
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hello, Alberto,

we have tested on your data based on English version of FDS 2015, we didn't experience the slow performance as you. And the option of 'Start the Relocate command after inserting a Component ' doesn't introduce much difference in the performance.

We are planning to test on German version of FDS 2015, because we dont have Spanish version on hand.

And I am requesting localization team if they can test it on Spanish version.

As Xuesong mentioned , the first place of Asset is really taking a little longer time than following same Asset placement but not too much difference.

thanks,

Irene

Message 9 of 14
AlbertoTorres
in reply to: tanghong77

I have not been able to try the English version, since I have other Autodesk solutions Suites and Spanish. And I have read that there are problems between different language versions ... My job is to prepare demos to customers on Autodesk solutions to buy the product and if I show no English gives them confidence, but tell them it's in Spanish. You can try to remove all Factory Design Suite and putting it back in English. To see what happens. I've reinstalled 3 times the entire Suite, but always in Spanish. Deleting all folders, registry user preferences, etc. .. And always with the same result of the indicated error.
Message 10 of 14

I finally discovered the problem. Project is Inventor. Under "Search Folders working group" is configured a route that has over 300,000 Sub-Folders. As Inventor tries to cover it (not sure why) inserted Asset Factory the first time. I discovered this with the "Process Monitor" utility Sysinternal Suite. I audited the Inventor (And all its threads) process checked that the process ran each of the folders and subfolders of this path included in "Search Folders workgroup" paralyzing inserting Asset and equipment almost completely. I edited the Inventor Project (IPJ) removing this unit "Search Folders workgroup" and now the factory is inserted Asset of about 15 seconds the first time and almost immediately successive insertions. *** This should not occur, since inserting a first Asset should not walk the paths included in the project. Should be corrected. If not, the more ways there are more search Asset insertion and other problems that may arise slows.
Message 11 of 14
XuesongBai

hi there,

Marvelous!

Thank you very, very ,very much for letting us know the reason and solution.

We will log the issue in our backlog system. It is worhty investigating the issue and fixing it in the future.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 12 of 14
yizhou.cao

Is it just placing a Factory asset that is very slow? How about placing a regular part using Inventor's native Place Component command?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 13 of 14
AlbertoTorres
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Hello yizhou. The problem would be that you indicate method can only insert the original asset that exists in "Factory Library" and you could should be changed since it is the original that makes template to create new components. Insert it from the factory palette creates a new component [component] + [GUID].ipt, which is independent in each insert, so we could modify it separately without influencing the remaining copies. And this would not be created with the method you've indicated.
Message 14 of 14
tanghong77

Hello, Alverto,

I tried to repro the issue by the way: In project setting, go to workgroup search paths to add one server path. Under this path there are more than 30 sub-folders.

Then new a layout and place one system asset from Asset libray. But the performance is no difference.

Yes, maybe 30 is too few comparing to your 300,000 subfolders. However ss my way right to re-pro the issue?

thanks,

Irene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report