Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add energy consumption properties to an FDS asset?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Henry.j21
267 Views, 2 Replies

How to add energy consumption properties to an FDS asset?

Hi all,

I am new to the Autodesk Factory Design Suite, currently working on building a library of assets for a manufacturer. Is it possible to add energy consumption properties to different assets and their variants? Also, how do you perform an energy consumption simulation for a factory layout? I know the second question should precede the first, but the first is my priority.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: Henry.j21

Hi there,

Welcome to be our FDS customer.
For your first question, there is no direct filed to input the consumption properties in FDS asset. However, you can add an user parameter for "Energy Consumption" as key type parameter in Inventor parameter list. And then you can enter to asset builder environment to add variants by Asset Variant command.
For your second question,you can perform the energy consumption simulation as well as transformation,machine utilization analysis in AutoCAD in FDS.

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
jzhangustc
in reply to: XuesongBai

Henry,

Did you check out Machine Analysis & Transportation Analysis in AutoCAD Factory as Xuesong suggested in his reply?  You need to create a station for each asset in order to perform the analysis. A station has a property for Energy Consumption Rate. Can you let us know if it solves your issue?

Thanks,

Jun

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report