Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory grid orientation Navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
peter1986
574 Views, 2 Replies

Factory grid orientation Navisworks

Hi!

We use Navisworks for 3D representation and communication with our client.

When I import our factory models in Navisworks, the top plane is always the wrong and resulting the navigation as well.

I use the transform function in Navisworks to fix the right orientation, which is fine for the model and even the factory floor.

But despite, this has no effect on the grid in the factory layout. Now I have a grid standing perpendicular to the model floor, which looks very unprofessional.

Is there a way to also change the orientation of the grid as well, or to perhaps just set it invisible?

And when I do an update of the Nwd file after some changes in the factory model, I become the old parts with the right orientation, but all the new ones are again wrong orientated. Is there just a setting to get the top plane with the right orientation and just keep it this way, whatever I do?

Kind Regards

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: peter1986

Hello Peter,

That is known issue.The workaround is that you need to set the Orientation in file options as snapshot as below.

2013-2-19 9-52-07.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
adsk_loren
in reply to: peter1986

Hi Peter,

You can control the factory floor visibility and appearance in the application options.

Right-click in the graphics window and select Global Options, then expand the Factory Layout node and select Grid Floor.

Thanks,

Loren

Regards,
Loren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report