Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design Utilities is missing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
skhuam
1474 Views, 5 Replies

Factory Design Utilities is missing

As per title, I not sure due to what kind of reason, my factory design utilities is missing for both Inventor and AutoCAD Mechanical (& AutoCAD). The only thing I did is update the service pack for both of them, will this causing the missing?

I reinstalled my Inventor Professional alone, then follows by AutoCAD Mechanical. This solve the problem for Inventor, but not AutoCAD Mechanical. I wonder the manual sequence of installtion should be for Mechanical first, then last for Inventor, correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

What should I do for the next to get factory design ultilities in place for AutoCAD Mechanical? and of course I prefer not to reinstall the whole suit again if possible.

I'm using Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2013. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
guosu
in reply to: skhuam

Please try to repair Factory Design Utilities for AutoCAD in Windows uninstall/install Programs and Features panel.

If it doesn't work, then try to reload factory cuix. Steps:

1. Input "cuiload" in command line in ACM.

2. Check whether FACTAPPLICATION is loaded. If it has loaded, unload it. Then load FactApplication.cuix again.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 3 of 6
skhuam
in reply to: guosu

Thanks Sucy,

My problem is I dont have factory design utilities for AutoCAD in control panel, it is not installed. So i want to know which application (Inventor or AutoCAD?) need to repair or reinstall in order to get the factory design utilities for AutoCAD from the installer media. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
guosu
in reply to: skhuam

Please install Autodesk Factory Design Utilities for AutoCAD from Factory Design Suite installer.  In Configure Installation page, you need to check Factory Design Utilities for AutoCAD checkbox under ACM configuration drop-down page. Please refer to the attached picture.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 5 of 6
skhuam

Hi Sucy, 

I had uninstall AutoCAD Mechanical and when i want to reinstall, It showing the design utilities for AutoCAD is already installed, but i think it is not (not found in control panel). It don't allow me to tick the check box. 

Please refer to the pic attached. 

Message 6 of 6
skhuam

I manage to get the Factory Design Utilities 'uninstall' from FDS uninstaller even though it already not exist in my machine. Now I able to start my installation from a clean start.

Thanks.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report