Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory design sync error (factory common: folder already contains file name)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pabethell
892 Views, 6 Replies

Factory design sync error (factory common: folder already contains file name)

When syncing from autocad I get an error the following error.

"The folder already contains a file named "Tustin 2 Production Layout.iam. Please rename or remove the file and then try again.

This is a file i'v been working with for some time and have synced many times. Not sure why this error is occurring or what it means. As when it states "the folder" What folder is it referring to.

Factory design suite 2015 and using vault basic.

I've attached a screen shot.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
yizhou.cao
in reply to: pabethell

The folder refers to the folder where your dwg file resides in. When we sync to Inventor, we'll create an Inventor layout with the same name as the dwg file with different extension. Since your dwg file is "Tustin 2 Production Layout.dwg", we'll try to create an Inventor file "Tustin 2 Production Layout.iam". You'll get this error when the iam file already exists and it's not linked to your dwg file. Is this the first time you sync from this dwg? If so, renaming the iam will solve the problem.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 7
pabethell
in reply to: yizhou.cao

As I stated this is a file i've been working with for some time and have synced from Autocad and Inventor many times.

Tustin 2 production layout.iam is a sublayout under a layout named Tustin 2 layout.iam. I got this error when trying to sync that layout from it's Autocad counterpart which is named Tustin 2 layout.dwg and contains the Tustin 2 production layout.dwg as an xref.

I don't have any issues when only syncing the Tustin 2 production layout.dwg to the Tustin 2 production layout.iam.

Message 4 of 7
yizhou.cao

If you sync the sublayout first and then sync the top level  layout, do you still get this error? That's a little odd. Try delete or rename "Tustin 2 production layout.iam" and then sync the top layout.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 5 of 7
XuesongBai

Hi there,

Is it possible to share the test data with us(Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com)?

So we would like to look close at the issue.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 7
pabethell
in reply to: XuesongBai

I tried renaming the sub-layout and then updating. That kind of worked. But then had errors that a later version of the sublayout existed. So I saved and closed the update top level layout renamed the original sublayout back to its original name and deleted the new file that was created and reloaded and everything seemed to work.

But then when I tried to sync the sub-layout I now get the following error( see the attached picture)

How does the linking between autocad and inventor work? How do the programs know there is a linked file? Is this something I can manually manipulate?

Message 7 of 7
XuesongBai

hi there,

Could you please have a try to break the link between the DWG and 3D layout in Inventor?

You can see the "Break Link" command on the RMB menu on the DWG overaly in the model browser.

And then you can rename the sub-layout dwg overaly and sync AutoCAD again.

Let us check what happen.

By the way, I see the similar topic in another thread that Yizhou has followed up.As Yizhou mentioned, we cannot re-build the link between 3D layout and DWG once they are broken.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report