Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design Suite - Routing question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BillMazza
561 Views, 5 Replies

Factory Design Suite - Routing question

I have a quick question. I'm tooling around with stations and routing for the first time and was wondering, how do you get the routing to follow a conveyor path?  Does the conveyor have to be an inventor asset in order to be recognized? Or do you just put up station after station, until you arrive at your next divert point? (knowing that stations aren't meant for routing paths, but for a purpose).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
XuesongBai
in reply to: BillMazza

Hi,

The current FDS solution cannot support following the specific path ,such as Conveyor path. The path is the direct line of the Bule point of the station now.

Thank you very much for the question, we are getting a lot of requests for this functionality and your feedback helps us prioritize functionality as candidates for a future release of Factory Design Suite.

thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: XuesongBai

I would also like the ability to route along a conveyor.  Because I am unable to do this I have to purchase an alternative, non-Autodesk software to do what I thought Factory Design Suite could do.

Message 4 of 6
XuesongBai
in reply to: nstalker

Hi There,

Sorry we didn't update the latest info for you.

Now we have a chance to route along conveyor path in Factory Layout suite 2013. Please refer to the pdf attached.

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: XuesongBai

Thanks Xuesong!  This is great news.  Is there any way to change the units in the routings from minutes to seconds?Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
tanghong77
in reply to: nstalker

In Options, please find Factory Tab, in Defaults area, you can change the units for Stations, Operations, Jobs etc...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report