Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design Dataset - MISSING ASSETS!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marodilp
556 Views, 1 Reply

Factory Design Dataset - MISSING ASSETS!

Dear Users!

I am testing factory design, with the 2013-whats-new dataset(approx 960MB). I open the Manufacturing Facility Overall Layout.dwg in AC, link the project file(in Inventor either), then sync to Inventor, but the result is that many of the Assets are missing. Many of them must be included because I recognize the 2D, and manually I can insert the 3D from the library...
I also tried to open the Manufacturing Facility, from Supporting Files directory(from the demo dataset), the preview of the  .iam was quite good, but Inventor was missing all of the models. I do not really understand this. The dataset would be really nice to showcase the Factory Suite.

If you know how to make these Factory Layouts(from the 1GB(!) dataset) fully work, please help!

Laszlo

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
XuesongBai
in reply to: marodilp

Hi Laszlo,

The dwg file you opened didn't include any factory assets(2d block asset), which are only the general geometries.Maybe you can give a try to open Manufacturing Facility Overall Layout 001.dwg in Chapter 1 folder and then Sync Inventor. By the way, please copy the Factory library assets into User library folder before Sync Inventor.

Then you will be get some 3D assets in the inventor layout assembly. There are also assets missing because the library assets are not included in the test folder. Maybe you can check the provider if there are the missing library assets can send to you.Untitled.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report