Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Asset Builder - Chain Asset Parameter Values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vampelas
472 Views, 4 Replies

Factory Asset Builder - Chain Asset Parameter Values

Hi,

There is an issue when creating a Chain Asset through the online Asset Builder site, where when creating the Chain Asset from AutoCAD Architecture 2013 and sending it to Inventor, some of the parameters of the the chain assets created display a slightly wrong value.

i.e.Angle set to 90 deg (Asset Builder) will display 90.0000000000002 deg in Inventor.

And the same thing happens for other values like Length and Height in Straight Conveyors for example.

Any ideas what could be causing this tollerance issue with the values, and is there any way to resolve that, maybe through an iLogic Parameter protect rule?

Any help would be gratelly appreaciated, because at the moment I cannot demo this prodcut functionality to customers. This shows lack of accuracy in the model and the BIM results are also affected due to this diffeernce in value.

Kind Regards,

Vas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: vampelas

Hi,

This is the known issue. The tollerance issue only happened on the custom asset so far. That works well on the stardard asset which value is predefined in the asset chain builder tool online.

The iLogic rule cannot resolve the issue since the issue is from the data transition between AutoCAD and Inventor.

Anyway, we will consider fxing the issue in the next release.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 5
vampelas
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Xuesong,

Thanks for the feedback, at least it's good to know that I am not doing anything wrong in the process.

So basically customers cannot create their own Cahin Assets at all at the moment, is that correct?

This limits my options when demoing the product, as most customers have thier own conveyor designs that would create an Chain Asset from.

Could you please explain further what you mean when you say that this works well on standard assets whose calues are predefined in the Online Chain Asset Builder? Which standard Chain Asset can I use to demo the product functionality?

Many thanks,

Vas

Message 4 of 5
vampelas
in reply to: XuesongBai

I am also finding similar issues for assets outside the Online Asset Bulder - For exmaple in a Horizontal Curve Bottle Conveyor, when creating list of Asset Variants using Angle, Radius and Height, after I define them on the Asset Builder Environmnent in Inventor and press OK, when I go back into the asset Variants command the values in all the variants of the 90 Deg Angle have changed to 90.0000000000002 deg. Is this a different issue?

(Please see screenshot attached)

Many thanks,

Vas

Message 5 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: vampelas

Hello Vas,

I  don't recommend that you create the asset chain asset by selecting the Variant asset so far. There is another issue about that. We will fix the issue in the next release.

Regarding to the standard/custom asset in asset chain: as you know, the concept line will be divided into several segment by standard length.e.g. the length is the default vaule of model, which will be the standard length of the asset.But there will be the not standard length in the end, so we call it as custom length.

The following sanpshot present the length of the standard asset in asset chain. There is no tolerance issue on standard asset.

SA.png

However,it is true that there is the tolerance issue on the custom asset(displayed as red). We will consider fixing the issue in the mear future release.

CA.png

Anyway, the issue is only about the tolerance display issue. The model value is correct.

10-23-2012 11-28-10 AM.png

PS.The display tolerance value is same as above in the variant asset table. We will consider fixing it  in the near future release.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report