Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose Connector crashes FDS 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
coreyparks
297 Views, 2 Replies

Expose Connector crashes FDS 2014

I have been starting to use sub layouts more and experimenting with exposing some of the unused connectors to attach to other assets or sublayouts.  So far any sublayout I have tried this on has become so unstable I can modify the sublayout without Inventor crashing.  In order to fix the issu I need to delete the assets that have exposed connectors and replace them from our library.  After this is done no more crashing.  Anyone else see this issue in either FDS 2014 or 2015?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey,

Merry Chrismas and happy new coming year.

Could you please talk more details about the "unstable"? No Inventor crash, right?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
coreyparks
in reply to: XuesongBai

I see I had a typo on the original post.  All the file would do after exposing the connectors is crash.  Anytime I would do anything that would affect the sub assembly with the exposed connectors Inventor would crash.  Even something as simple as changing a constraint that would force the subassembly to move, crash.  The only way I found to fix it was to delete the asset with the exposed connectors and replace with new.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report