Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectorclasses

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Logos_Atum
523 Views, 12 Replies

Connectorclasses

Hello there,

i have a question regarding the capabilities of connectorclasses.

Is it possible to add code to make the connectorclasses adapt colour styles of a text Parameter?

I made a multi value parameter of it and I am curios how to make connected assets change colour

dependent on the selection of the previous.

Is it possible to do this?

Thank you for your time

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jeff.pek
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi -- Thanks for your question.

Connector Classes don't support this directly -- they only propagate parameters from one component to another.

However, you could probably incorporate iLogic rules that apply other changes (such as color styles) based on those parameter values.

Jeff

Message 3 of 13
Logos_Atum
in reply to: jeff.pek

Hey Jeff,

okay  - iLogic, great this is possible anyway.

I got this rules included and running already.

The next step would be to link the logic in the assets in the Factory assembly right?

Is there an example of how it´s done available? I´m a ilogic newbie...

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 13
jeff.pek

HI Daniel -

Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate a bit?

Typically, in FDS, component parameters are pushed via the properties panel. This also collaborates with the FDS component instancing process to ensure that we create new copies of the assets when a new unique combination of key parameter values is created.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 5 of 13
Logos_Atum
in reply to: jeff.pek

Hello Jeff,

i truly tend to fail if i get into details.

But i´ll try...

I created assets with the following capabilities:

They communicate parameters via connectorpoints - height and width. Length is a key parameter too,

but i only defined it to accept user values.

I have rules defined for motorposition and colourstyles. All accesible on the Factory portion of Inventor too.

Now here is my question, is there a way to make the assets adapt the colourstyles of the first Asset i placed?

Can i define a rule in the assembly which makes the selected assets change colourstyle to the selection?

As it is important to keep the solution simple there is no other solution than a nice rule run via a form created with the assistant.

I hope this helps you

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 6 of 13
jeff.pek

HI Daniel -

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm curious: Why is it that you want to make changes to the component colors?

It sounds like you're better off in applying assembly-level color style (overrides) instead of assigning the colors to the parts themselves. This would also be more effiicient, as a color change alone would not cause the creation of a new component.

I can't think of a way to do this automatically without writing some code (as an add-in). You can do this with an assembly-level iLogic rule semi-automatically, by create a rule that assigns a color style to all selected components when you press a button. This a special iLogic rule you create; this is described in the iLogic docs, I'm sure.

As far as I know, there's not a way to get a rule to run when a new component is added. This is something that you could do using an add-in.

Jeff

Message 7 of 13
guosu

Hello Daniel,

Do you mean when two assets are connected,  change one asset color style, anthor asset will change color style together?

Sucy

Message 8 of 13
Logos_Atum
in reply to: guosu

Hello Sucy, yes exactly, is it possible? Any hint will do. Kind regards Daniel
Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 9 of 13
XuesongBai

Hi Daniel Bro,

You can define the key (text) parameter in the connector class, which parameter in Inventor control the style. So once they are connected by connectors, the key (text) parameter will be propagated among the assets, afterwards, the style will updated also according to the parameter change.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 10 of 13
guosu

HI Daniel ,

You can define color as key parameter and use iLogic to realize color change for one asset. Then add this parameter color in connectorclass file. I have attached a sample asset. Hope it could help you.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 11 of 13
Logos_Atum
in reply to: guosu

Thank you very much Sucy, i will do this as soon as i can 🙂 kind regards Daniel
Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 12 of 13
Logos_Atum
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hey Xuesong Bro, glad to hear from you thank you very much - i will do it as soon as i have the time, been busy quite a lot recently. This sounds great! kind regards and you will be hearing from me again Daniel
Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 13 of 13
Logos_Atum

Jipee - thanks to the both of you

Another quest complete!!!

Just a couple of hundred questions more and I´ll be fine ^^

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report