Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Class "Constant" Attribute

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wezpb
659 Views, 2 Replies

Connector Class "Constant" Attribute

Hi,

Can anyone give me an example of how to use the Constant attribute of connector classes.

Basically i want a constant value of "True" for when a certain connector is connected. This is then mapped to the connected part.

Thanks in advance,

Wes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: wezpb

Hello there,

as far as I know there is no way to make the connectors "report" about the connection that has been established.

This discussion has been started and finished with the mentioned outcome quite some time ago I think. I´d be glad

if this is wrong 😉

You could use a text parameter that will- as connected to a certain helper object- mark the asset in a way to tell

which connection has been established. You could assign different values for different notifications. Real commu-

nication on connector level is not possible as far as I know.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/connector-class-properties/m-p/3066802/hi...

Perhaps this proves to be useful.

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 3
wezpb
in reply to: Logos_Atum

hi,

I found the answer i was looking for the XML  line for this is as follows:-

<LH_Cutout family_type="normal" connector_name="LH_Side_Connector" value_source="Constant" value="True">Merge_Cutout_Required_LH</LH_Cutout>

Basically this changes the value of the normally false parameter to true whenever the connector (LH_Side_Connector) is used.

As you place the assets these dynamically update. If there a previously placed asset you have to "update" that (just click the update button within the asset properties dialog).

Wes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums