Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Class Properties problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WillMorganmhs
437 Views, 1 Reply

Connector Class Properties problems

So I am trying to make a custom conveyor factory asset. It has multiple "sections" within the assembly and I have got that working. What I am trying to do now is make a custom connector class that would allow me to pass a few parameters from one asset to another. This is how I want it to work:

I want the values

Width (of conveyor 1)  = Width (of conveyor 2)

Height 5 (of conveyor 1) = Height 1 (of conveyor 2)

Clearance Envelope (of conveyor 1 and this one is true/false)  =  Clearance Envelope (of conveyor 2)

I have this XML code set up but it doesn't seem to work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<connector _schemaversion_="1.0000">
<ConveyorWidth family_type="adjustable" value_source="parameter">Width</ConveyorWidth>

<ConveyorEnvelope family_type="adjustable" value_source="parameter">Clearance_Envelope</ConveyorEnvelope>
<ConveyorHeight family_type="adjustable" connector_name="Connector1" value_source="Parameter">Height5</ConveyorHeight>
<ConveyorHeight family_type="adjustable" connector_name="Connector2" value_source="Parameter">Height1</ConveyorHeight>

</connector>

What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
XuesongBai
in reply to: WillMorganmhs

Hi there, It is hard to help create the connector class without the assets. So could you please share the asset with me by xuesong.bai@autodesk.com? Thanks, -Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report