Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Orientation Failure

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nstalker
833 Views, 7 Replies

Connection Orientation Failure

I am having problems getting two user assets to connect properly.  It seems like I have tried every possible orientation of  X,Y and Z to no avail.  These are parametric guardrails similar to the guardrail in the system assets.  I tried to even make the connection points in the same orientation as the system asset but it does not work.  The system assets attach to each other fine so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ted.saufley
in reply to: nstalker

nstalker,

Is this what you're trying to achieve? (See attached.) I was unable to replicate your problem.

-Ted

Ted Saufley
Principal Content Developer
DLS Manufacturing Engineering
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
nstalker
in reply to: ted.saufley

Yes but mine will not connect that way. I'm not sure why.

Message 4 of 8
ted.saufley

nstalker,

Please check your Snap settings in the Factory Options dialog box. (See the attached image.)

-Ted

Ted Saufley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
nstalker
in reply to: ted.saufley

Ted,

Thank you for your response.  How do I get to the Factory Options dialog box?

Message 6 of 8
ted.saufley

If no layout is currently open, click Get Started tab > Factory Launch panel > Factory Options.

If you do have a layout currently open, then click Factory tab > Options panel > Factory Options.

Ted Saufley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
nstalker

Thanks Ted!  I adjusted my settings to be like yours and I still have this problem (see attached)

Message 8 of 8
XuesongBai

Hi,

The problem is that the direction of X , Z axis  are not correct when you change the asset variant as 8ft_1_Post. Please make sure the +Z direction is vertical to the landing surface, whilst +X direction is along with the way of chain. Please give a try to the asset I edited as attached.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

11-14.png

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report