Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud assets are unavailable

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
coreyparks
2216 Views, 33 Replies

Cloud assets are unavailable

We installed FDS 2014 not all that long ago and today I go into it to start a 3D floor plan I am working on and I can't get to any cloud assets.  I have the settings turned on to allow them but I can't access them through Inventor or AutoCAD Architectural.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix?  Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
guosu
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey,

I have just tried FDS 2014 and it can work well on my computer. I think maybe this link can help you to resolve the problem. You can read it firstly.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mechanical-general/autocad-mechanical-gt-quot-factory-assets-q...

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 3 of 34
coreyparks
in reply to: guosu

I appreciate the help but still have the issue.  Not much for me try there but I did all I could and no difference. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 34
guosu

Hi Corey,

Did you connect to Cloud successfully before or this issue always exists ? Then please check whether you can connect to http://api.autodesk.com/shared/AZlcrIy and return result from this URL.

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 5 of 34
coreyparks
in reply to: guosu

Thats the same link as in the post you linked to.  When I click on that it downloads "categories.en-US.xml", so I assume my connection is just fine on that front.  In the past on FDS 2013 I had no problems and used the cloud assets on many occasions, the problem has just cropped up after installing FDS 2014.  Anything else I can try?

Corey Parks
Message 6 of 34
olegd.prod

Please follow the steps at the bottom of http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/asset-download-failure/m-p/5321847# and send me the results. Oleg
Message 7 of 34
coreyparks
in reply to: olegd.prod

This is one of the most annoying issues I have ever had.  As soon as I install fiddlercap it starts working!  I went in and disabled and then re-enabled the cloud assets for at least the 20th time to try and capture something with fiddlercap and "BOOM" it connects.  I guess the solution is to just keep trying to re-connect until it works?  If it quits working again I will post back with the report. 

Corey Parks
Message 8 of 34
coreyparks

The really odd thing about this is when I restart my computer I end up with the problem happening again.  I try to disable and then enable the use of cloud assets and it doesn't work.  I then start Fiddlercap and it connects without any issue whatsoever everytime the forst time.  I guess I will keep it installed since running that seems to fix the problem.

Corey Parks
Message 9 of 34
olegd.prod

do try the steps related to adskfactorydiagnostics.txt and send me the results - might help to figure out what's going on
Message 10 of 34
coreyparks

you have mail.

Corey Parks
Message 11 of 34
martin_madaj

Hi everybody,

did you find any solution? Was it related for example to some blocked ports? I have a customer with the same issue and for now we can not get over it and find out what's wrong.

Thanks, Martin.

Message 12 of 34
jeff.pek
in reply to: martin_madaj

There was a temporary unplanned outage earlier this morning, which has been resolved.

The Cloud assets should again be available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeff

Message 13 of 34
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

Problem still exists for me still.  I have never been able to fix the issue.  I have found a way to work around it but I have no idea why what I do works.

Corey Parks
Message 14 of 34
martin_madaj

Hi,
my customer's issue is not only today's. They've been dealing with that from the first time they installed FDS.

Martin

Message 15 of 34
XuesongBai
in reply to: martin_madaj

Please try to uncheck the option "Automatically Detect setting" in Local Area Network(LAN) Setting in the Internet options.

5-5-2015 10-11-03 PM.png

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 16 of 34
ivan_rados
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi to everyone,

Installed Process Analysis, and just encountered this issue 'Cloud assets are unavailable...', and can't get rid of it and find a way to fix it.

Has anyone found a way to solve this? I tried the mentioned things but with no success.

Message 17 of 34
liqinomickey
in reply to: ivan_rados

Hi Ivan,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I am using PA 7.0.0.068, which is fine connecting to my cloud assets.

Do you have other applications installed such as Inventor or AutoCAD Architecture/Mechanical? If so, could you please check if cloud assets could be seen in their asset browser?

Thank you,

Mickey

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 34
ivan_rados
in reply to: liqinomickey

Hi,

yes, the issue is still there, and I'm also using the PA 7.0.0.068,

Have Inventor and AutoCAD Mechanical and the cloud assets could be seen in their asset browsers.

Have a colleague nearby with the same PC who doesn't have this.

thank you and best regards,

Ivan

Message 19 of 34
olegd.prod
in reply to: ivan_rados

Please follow the steps at the bottom of http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/asset-download-failure/m-p/5321847#<> and send me the results.

Oleg
Message 20 of 34
coreyparks

When I have had this issue, which was almost always, I simply ran the Fiddlercap software as in your instructions and just doing that fixed the problem until a restart of Inventor.   I would start Fiddlercap start the capture then go to Inventor and it would work fine.  I would then stop the capture in fiddlercap and close the software.  A bit annoying but it fixed the issue every single time.  Does this still happen in the newer versions of Factory design?

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report