Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Asset Causing Lag!?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wezpb
398 Views, 7 Replies

Cloud Asset Causing Lag!?

Hi,

I've used a cloud asset that was created using a chain asset. There are similar assets within the layout if i select any of the cloud assets there's a servere lag (inventor freezes for 10secs). i select any of the other asset and no lag, the asset properties are instantly displayed?

any ideas?

Cheers,

wes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
guosu
in reply to: wezpb

Hi Wes,

I am not very clear about your issue. Could you please describe it more clearly? Such as detail steps to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards.

Sucy

Message 3 of 8
wezpb
in reply to: guosu

I have a conveyor that exists as both a cloud asset and a local asset. If i display the factory properties dialog within inventor and then activate/click on the local asset the properties are displayed instantly, but if i do the same with the cloud asset there a Lag/delay before any properties are displayed (inventor locks up until this is displayed).

FYI if i have the properties dialog closed then there is no Lag.

Regards,

Wes

Message 4 of 8
guosu

Hi Wes,

I tries to publish a same asset both to local and cloud, then place both of them in layout. But I can't reproduce lag issue when click the placed cloud asset. I have opened factory properties dialog. Does this issue only reproduce for special asset or all assets like this?

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 5 of 8
wezpb

The asset that is causing the lag is placed as a custom configuration i.e. using the chain asset command. It is placed in Autocad using a polyline

Sorry i didn't explain this earlier

Cheers,

Wes

Message 6 of 8
guosu

Hi Wes,

I still can't reproduce the issue you described.

Steps I did:

1. Publish same assets to local and to cloud.

2. Create a local asset chain for the local assets.

3. Create a cloud asset chain for the cloud assets.

4. Place two Assets chains in one DWG file in AutoCAD Architecture.

5. Sync Inventor.

6. Select assets. Properties will show in Factory Properties panel instantly.

Does all cloud assets have this problem or just special asset have this problem?

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 7 of 8
wezpb

How do you create a Local Asset Chain?

Message 8 of 8
guosu

Correct my previous description. I just use system asset chain. And publish same assets which are the asset chain referenced to cloud.

Thanks,

Sucy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report