Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't publish asset

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
coreyparks
1620 Views, 22 Replies

Can't publish asset

I just fired up 2013 for the first time and went to publish an asset and I get the attached error message.  Any ideas how I need to resolve this?

Asset error.JPG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
jeff.pek
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey -

Are you using an Inventor project that customizes the template location?

We are trying to use the default DWG template when creating the Dwg during publishing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 3 of 23
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

Yes we do have our templates in a central location for all users and in inventor we don't use dwg at all so there is no dwg template in that direcrory.  I copied the Standard.dwg from the Inventor 2013 templates into our standard template location and I still get the same error.  Why would this be different from 2012?  It has always worked fine until 2013.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 23
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

I am also having another problem that may be tied into this as well.  I can't sync a 3D layout to autocad, it just creates an empty dwg file and then gives me an eror dialog with 4 reasons it may not be working. 

1. the dwg file doesn't even exist yet

2. what path?

3. we don't use vault.

4. Thanks for this one, lol.  Programer must have been in full CYA mode here,

sync error.PNG

Corey Parks
Message 5 of 23
yizhou.cao

Hi,

Can you copy both the English and Metric folders into your template location and see if it works?

Thanks,

Yizhou

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 6 of 23
coreyparks
in reply to: yizhou.cao

That appeared to fix both of the problems I was seeing, now I have another.  How do I fix the problem of having a bunch of templates I don't want and don't use that I don't want to upkeep?  Now that I need these templates and they need to be in an area where all users can see them I need to make sure they have all the right iproperties in them so if someone uses them for other things then factory they function properly.  Where are the settings stored for which templates to use?  Why is it different for 2013?  I need to find someway to eliminate these templates as they were never required in the past.  I already had about 30 templates now I have more than twice that!

Corey Parks
Message 7 of 23
yizhou.cao

I am not sure why it's different for 2013. I believe that the only template you need is ANSI (xx).dwg depending on your unit settings. You should be able to delete all the other templates.

Yizhou

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

I had similar problem. Somehow fds is using some generic template that is set by standard and unit and not the one you want. So i solved my problem with migrating all old generic templates i don't use anyway, but are in template folder/subfolder...little bit wierd, imo...

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

How did you fixed your first issue mate?? Asset publish Error.

Can you please give some tips.
Message 10 of 23
XuesongBai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

Could you please check if the following template is there as default?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates\Metric\ANSI (mm).dwg

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates\English\ANSI (in).dwg

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Xuesong,

Yeah, I got them there..

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous

Xuesong,

We have updated from FDS2013 to FDS2014, and we got some new assemblies builtto use as assests.

It was fine when we have used FDS2013. But today we tried to publish assemblies as assets for first time in FDS2014. and it is failing.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

VBA MSGBOX.JPG

msg when i ran the code iin VBA

Message 14 of 23
XuesongBai

Are there the DWG template in the same folder?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

Yes, We got DWG as well.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

DWG Exsits.JPG

Message 17 of 23
XuesongBai

one more thing need to check if you are using the default template in your active Inventor project?

9-23-2013 3-37-29 PM.png

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

Yes , We are using the Default template locaton in .ipj file
this is Very vey annoyng mate.

--

*Thanks and Regards*

*Amoolya D Nuthalapati***

CAD Administrator
Message 19 of 23
XuesongBai

Could you send me a video of pubish asset failure?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 20 of 23
Anonymous

This is a bug in FDS asset building, that what I understood mate.

I got this fixed byt doing the following steps.

When FDS asset is gfailing, my Template and design data folders are pathed to local c:\ drive where we use workspace which is connect on to network using Autodesk Vault Basic.

Yesterday when I first sent you reply, I tried changing the tempaltes folder path to PublicDocuments\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates. And tried to publish asset, result was failed.

And I tried copying Metric and Englissh Folders to local SteupFiles (Where templates are saved linked to network) folder on hard drive. And publish asset was failed again.

I tried the same with FDS2013 using 2013 version Assembly Files and it is keep on failing.

This morning, I tried the above steps again and result is error.

Then with FDS2013 (Which I am cofident asset publishing is successful before upgrading to FDS2014) I changed design Data and tepmplaes folder to location on piblicDocuments\Autodesk\Inventor 2013 Design Data and \Templates folders, And tried publishing Asset. Result is Sucessfull. 

I did same thing with FDS2014 and Asset publishing is Sucessfull.

Here is the Key Point.

Afterabove sucessfull publishing, I again changed my Design Data and Templates path to those n my hard drive which are shared on network. and Publishing asset is Sucessfull.

I thionk you got my point what I am talking about.

Is it clear Xuesong, what is happening while publishing asset??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report