Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Create / Edit Pathways in FDS AutoCAD Analysis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
petestrycharske
436 Views, 5 Replies

Automatically Create / Edit Pathways in FDS AutoCAD Analysis

All,

I had a clien ask me if there was functionality that would automatically map process paths when creating / modifying routings in the AutoCAD Analysis environment.  The desire is to have the pathing automatically avoid objects as the geometry is repositioned or even when data is entered in from the speadsheet.  When I showed them the data import from the spreadsheet, they liked it, but have a lot of equipment, so were bummed when the routings didn't automatically path for them.  The routings will draw direct lines between the operations without regard to other objects and they were hoping to automate the real paths around other objects.  I told them I wasn't aware of such a tool, but would double check.  Is anyone aware of a way to accomplish this with the tools in FDS?  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed weekend!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Pete,

I am afraid that we don't have the smart function of routing path avoiding the objects automatically in AutoCAD material flow analysis.

But users can redefine the path manually.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 6

Pete,

Currently we don't support automated routing in AutoCAD Factory Transportation Analysis.  But you can manually draw a polyline as Pathways between two stations.  Can you provide me more details about how you expect the automated routing works?  You can send it to me by email. My email address is jun.zhang@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Jun

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 4 of 6
Logos_Atum
in reply to: jzhangustc

Contact solver 😄

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 5 of 6

Jun,

I am not sure exactly how this could work, but my quick hip-shot answer would be to add the ability to create "zones" (hidden offset geometry around AutoCAD objects / assets) that could be configured by a user.  When producing the routes, AutoCAD could still use the direct lines, but not allow them to pass through a "zone", instead making them tangent to or touching the perimeter of the zone.

A second thought is to add a function that would allow users to predefine paths and then just have the spreadsheet import give an option to attach various routes.  Not potentially as useful as having AutoCAD do all the work, put could save some time with existing AutoCAD layouts (where only the process data needs to be imported).

Food for thought...  Let me know if you have any questions.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 6

Pete,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  They are exactly the two options I'm considering.  I will think through the workflow and may discuss this more with you.

Best Regards,

Jun

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report