Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Sync X drive space

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AlistairSymtech
477 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Sync X drive space

Hi all,

I have an issue with Autodesk Sync. When using AutoCAD mechanical, I have the the Enable cloud storage checkbox ticked and the "Automatically when I save" Radio button checked, which seems sensible to me.

The issue is that I only have a small amount of disk space locally (120GB SSD of which there is only 15GB free.) Since Autodesk 360 also makes a copy on my local drive in the Users AppData Local folder it is using up a lot of space. I'm working on massive factory layouts of about 60MB AutoCAD files. Each time I save, this is filling up my local drive. I have a HHD which I would like this local area to be on.

I tried changing the AppData Local path with disastrous consequences

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: AlistairSymtech

I would also like a solution to this.  One of my computers has a similar situation; Autodesk Sync is taking up 15.3GB of space and that is too much.  It says that all files are up to date.  If they are all up to date and they are on the cloud, then why does there need to be a copy on my C drive?

Message 3 of 6

Hello there,

if Autodesk does not offer to change the directory yet you might be getting along well

with moving the whole user folder to a different location. It is not that simple but it´s

possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87555-user-profile-change-default-location.html

Hope you enjoy it 😉

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Daniel.

Your solution seems quite severe and technical. I may give it a go later but I would have to make a good back-up of my system before I do.

I was hoping for a setting within FDS or AutoCAD or 360 where I could choose the location of just this sync folder, a-la Google drive or dropbox style.

Kind regards,

Alistair

Message 5 of 6

Hi Alistair,

The issue have been put in the backlog.

I will be updating on you if there is any change.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 6

Hello there,

I would have liked that too. It´s not uncommon to be able to select the local data directory

to a different location than the programs. Steam can do it...

I suspect that it´s more likely to be a Windows problem as the environment variables are

Microsoft presets.

A good example for Microsoft´s thinking is the temp folder in C:\Users%userprofile%y\AppData\Local\Temp

I need to empty it manually every now and then, it´s not emptied when cleaning up the disc.

Even thought about writing a batch file to empty it eighter right after rebooting or prior to shut-

down.

Give it a go anyway, since I run low on disc space on my system SSD too I probably will have

to do it too. With all the swap files it´s down to 5 GB of free space.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report