Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto place 3D assets

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
ahmetsevindi
844 Views, 18 Replies

Auto place 3D assets

1) I designed factory at architecture 2D.Then I used  "send to inventor" icon.But the factory assets 2D desk,computer ,chair,copier etc. didn't see in my design.Have got this problem solve? 

2) I designed our factory first floor and I want design our factory second and third floor.How this floors assembly or solving? 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

*Can you check to see if the Autopopulate option is set in the AutoCAD Options dialog box (Factory tab)?

*One way is to  create floors using Layout sub-assemblies using workplanes as the basis. You can then use constraints to drive the vertical separation. 

Message 3 of 19
XuesongBai
in reply to: ahmetsevindi

Regarding to the multi-floor design, maybe you can try the following workflow:

1,Design your first,second, third floor layout separately in Factory inventor and then use Elevate Floor command to adjust the floor elevation;

2,New factory layout and place the floors layout in it;

3,RMB on the each floor layout and select iproperties menu command and reset the XYZ offset as (0,0,0) in the Occurrence tab;

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 19
ahmetsevindi

My problem did not solve.I did as you said, not much has changed but the result is the same. I installed a photo of the problem.

Message 5 of 19
XuesongBai

Hi,

I cannot see the  problem exactly from the snapshot you attached.It seems that you created the multi-floor by AutoCAD Architecture,correct? If it is like that, I think you can use Reposition command to move up the assets which should be positioned in second floor (or third floor...).

Anyway, you can determine which assets are positioned in which exactly floor in AutoCAD Architecture.If you are interested in, I like to talk.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 6 of 19
ahmetsevindi

Sorry.My first problem didn't solve.I checked "autopopulate" but I put desk,chair,computer etc to "content browser"architecture not seem inventor.They seem  2D or not seem.Walls and columns seem 2D at inventor.

Message 7 of 19
XuesongBai

Did the desk,computer ,chair,copier have the 3D model (say Inventor Part or assembly file)?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 8 of 19
ahmetsevindi
in reply to: XuesongBai

"Architecture" is not in 3D we use? "Content Browser" in the show in 3D. Some equipment "Inventor" also seems to be 3D. Look carefully in the picture seem to be orange.

Message 9 of 19
XuesongBai

Hi,

There two type of content library in AutoCAD Architecture(ACA). One is from ACA itself. Other is from Factory design suite Add-in. The Factory design suite content library include 2D dwg which is available only in ACA and 3D Part/Assembly which is available only in Inventor, however the 2D dwg libray and 3D are associated.So, When you "Send to Inventor" 2d dwg from Factory design suite content library, the corresponding 3D assets will be popupated automatically.

Well, the assets from ACA library. They are as overlay and not shaded and displayed as client graphics in Inventor.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 10 of 19
ahmetsevindi

Sorry.I didn't understand exactly what you want to say.I designing our factory at architecture  but I used desk,chair,wall,door ,window etc not seem at the inventor.I dont design desk,chair  again.Because this assets too much.

Message 11 of 19
XuesongBai

Hi,

That is as design.

The Chair, Desk etc are not the Inventor Assets(.ipt or .iam). They are only the dwg type assets in AutoCAD Architecture. After Send to Inventor,they are in Inventor just as Overlay. So that, you cannot see the real 3D model in Inventor.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 12 of 19
apieterse
in reply to: joe.doyle.yyz

Where do you find the "autopopulate"? I can't find it?

Message 13 of 19
XuesongBai
in reply to: apieterse

Which FDS version are you using? 2013 or 2014?

Message 14 of 19
apieterse

I am using 2013, but I use Architecture not Revit.

Message 15 of 19
XuesongBai

OK, we have provided the enhanced functinality in FDS 2013. You can open the 2D layout dwg file in AutoCAD Architecture and then launch Sync Inventor command to get the 3D layout assembly in Inventor.The benefit is that the 2D layout and 3D layout are associated. I mean you can update the individual asset in either AutoCAD or Inventor.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 16 of 19
apieterse

Hi Xuesong

Could the problem be that I was loading my 3D assets in 3DMax, and therefor they could be edited in 3D?

Message 17 of 19
XuesongBai

Hi there,

That is not the reason. You can find the "Auto-place 3D assets" command by the following  steps.

1,New 3D layout by Factory design template in Inventor

2,Insert AutoCAD dwg file as overlay by Add DWG overlay command in Inventor

3,RMB on the dwg overlay file in the assembly browser and you will see the "Auto-place 3D assets" command

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 18 of 19
daya

Hi Xuesong,

Could you please let me know how we can get building as a wire frame.
I have already discussed it with you.

Best Regards,
Sagar
Message 19 of 19
XuesongBai
in reply to: daya

Hi Sagar,

Sorry for my bad memory, I cannot recall what we have discussed about this topic.

As default, the building will be displayed as wire frame in Inventor 3D layout assembly once you sync buidling model from AutoCAD Architeture by Sync Inventor command.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report