Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Factory Asset, Cannot Publish 2D View and Cannot place on Layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
petestrycharske
493 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Factory Asset, Cannot Publish 2D View and Cannot place on Layout

All,

I have always created assets as multi-body parts up to this point, but am now delving into using an assembly approach.  However, I am running into some challenges. 

To build the assemblies I first import all the parameters from the models and then delete the duplicates.  Then I place each component into the assembly as an iLogic component, tie the parameters properly together and ground them at the origin (most of them are already properly positioned relatively in the parts, some are actually constrained together).  This process has worked pretty well, but I did have to create the iLogic rule for one of the components.

My first problem is not being able to publish the asset with a 2D view, so I can place it in AutoCAD.  I am getting the following error message:

Assembly Asset 2D View Fail.png

Once I publish the asset, without the 2D view, I am also having trouble placing the asset in the 3D factory layout.  It looks okay in the browser, but when I drag it onto the layout, it resembles the insert model command.  When I rework the orientation the and click okay, the asset never gets placed and nothing shows up in the browser.

Place Assembly 01.png

Are there just limitations to the assembly modeled factory assets at this point?  Has anyone witnessed something like this before.  Please let me know if there is a different approach I should be taking.  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have boiled down the issue to being the support legs that I have tried to place into the assembly.  When I insert it as an iLogic component into the assembly, it does not automatically produce an iLogic rule and seems to be causing me the publish problems.  When I publish only the supports and rollers, I can publish fine, place in ACAD or Inventor and generally get the results that I want.  Have attached the assembly asset and the offending support leg part and am wondering if anyone can figure out what I have done wrong?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Message 3 of 5

Hi Pete,

We didn't consider the ilogic component as factory asset.

But we have lots of assembly asset in factory library, for example; spray booth.

For you case, I think you can still place the support legs as normal part in the assembly and then link the parameters of leg to the user parameters in the assembly, just like you did for roller, support.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 5
suhang
in reply to: pete.strycharske

Hi Pete,

I just try the model you attached and publish it successfully with the leg as iLogic component. And I share the asset I publish in FAW, named "Test Assembly 03_Asset", please check if it meets your requirement.

assemblyasset.PNG

Since I don't see your problem in my machine, could you please record a video to let me see your exact steps?

BTW, which FDS version do you use? I use FDS 2015 to publish it.

Thanks

Richard

Message 5 of 5
VRosselet
in reply to: suhang

Hi,

You can have this error when you have the "0" layer in your Inventor Style (Design Data).

If this layer exists, delete it and try to publish your asset.

Vincent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report