Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis report

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Ehsancad
1675 Views, 12 Replies

Analysis report

Hi all,

we have  a lot of request for Demos for FDS.Can anyone help us to know which relationship/equations used to generate  the analysis results.

We need to know the meaning of the output numbers in the Analysis report.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
XuesongBai
in reply to: Ehsancad

The formulas in FDS optimization is atathced for your reference.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 13
Ehsancad
in reply to: XuesongBai

Thanks a lot.

Could you tell me where the Excel Template file "Factory.xlt" to Import data to AutoCAD Directly?

Message 4 of 13
XuesongBai

Hi,

I think you want to reuse the analysis data. If so, you should use the Export data command to export the datas as .xml format. Now you can directly import the existing .xml data to the new document by Import data command. If you want to import .xls data, you should open your Excel applicationa and new document by selecting My Templates>-Factory.xlt and then import the xml file and save it as xsl file.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 5 of 13
Ehsancad

Thanks,

could you please attach a sample template file?

Message 6 of 13
XuesongBai

Here you go. Please unzip the file due to the forum cannot allow to attach .xlt format file.

-Xuesong

Message 7 of 13
Ehsancad

Thanks alot guys

Message 8 of 13

Xuesong,

Is there any type of file that you can send that describes what each item is in the spreadsheet?  For example, I want to know what the "Root" field means on the Routings tab.  I cannot seem to get the routings to import properly, but get the products and stations to import okay.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, is there a way to import Operation Defaults in Factory Tab of AutoCAD Options, instead of entering in one at a time?  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 9 of 13

Hello Pete,

I don't have such a document now. I create the sample Excel file for you reference.

Generally, the item in Excel corresponds to the option in material flow in ACAD.

Specailly, for "Root" item is only marked as True or False to check if it is Job. True means it is Job.

2013-7-30 11-04-53.png

If you define the Operations in Excel, these will be imported into factory operations in ACAD, but the default vaule cannot be linked into ACAD.

Another way is that you can define the operations and default vaules in Factory template in ACAD.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 10 of 13

Xuesong,

I like the idea of taking external data and bringing it into AutoCAD and this really helps clear things up for me.  Is there any plan, in the relatively near future, of putting together some documentation on how to specifically use this feature?  Thanks again for the help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 11 of 13

Hi Pete,

I will log the requirement into our backlog.

Could you share some user story with me? Why do you plan in Excel? What benifit will be from the workflow? What function need to be improved?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 12 of 13

Xuesong,

Mostly I just wanted to understand the tool better.  However, I could also see a potential use for customers to have stations, products and routings stored in different spreadsheets, so they could quickly import new operations into an AutoCAD layout.  This might allow them to test out a particular configuration based on a few different product lines to see the layout's overall efficiency.  Trying to see how this could best be used by customers and am not saying this is the only way, but one potential use that could come from this tool.  This is kind of related to that question I asked a while back about storing default operations data to a profile, versus a template, so that a user could quickly import different operations into a layout drawing.  Does this help you understand better where I am coming from?

Sorry for the delayed response and if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 13 of 13

Hi Pete,

Thank you very much for sharing the background.

And yes, I have understood the situation. Hope more and more users can benifit from the function.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report