Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about connector class properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
433 Views, 3 Replies

A question about connector class properties

Hi all,

I need to define connector properties so at two connectors on my asset only flat conveyors can connect and will adjust to a width equal to a parameter of the asset. At two different connectors, I need to have only inclined conveyors connect and adjust to a specified width.

How can connector class properties do this? Whenever I try and define one, I get a property validation error saying I am missing required asset parameters at each of my connectors. I don't know where or how to define those parameters.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

Here is an general rule. The important factors are required that the Paramater Name and Connector Name in Connector clas s must be consistent with names in model parameters (they must be Key type of parameter).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<connector _schemaversion_="1.0000">

<BoxLength value_source="parameter">Length</BoxLength>

<BoxHeight value_source="parameter">Height</BoxHeight>

<BoxSideA value_source="parameter">SideA</BoxSideA>

<BoxSideB connector_name="Connector1" value_source="parameter">SideA</BoxSideB>

<BoxSideB connector_name="Connector2" value_source="parameter">SideA</BoxSideB>

<BoxSideB connector_name="Side" value_source="parameter">SideB</BoxSideB>

<BoxSideB connector_name="Side1" value_source="parameter">SideB</BoxSideB>

</connector>

Explanation:

First two lines (in green):

-          transfer of the parameter Length under the “XML” parameter BoxLength

-          transfer of the parameter Height under the “XML” parameter BoxHeight

Second line (in Blue):

-          transfer of the parameter SideA under the “XML” parameter BoxSideA

Third line (in Magenta):

-          If the connector Connector1 or Connector2  is connected, transfer of the parameter SideA of under the “XML” parameter BoxSideB

Forth two lines (in black):

-          If the connector Side or Side1 is connected, transfer of the parameter SideA of the “already placed asset” into the parameter SideB of the “connecting” asset

Furthermore, you can send me your model and I can try to create the Conenctor Classs file for you.

By the way, you can contact me by xuesong.bai@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: XuesongBai

Xuesong,

So in the parameters for my assembly, I define a parameter with the same name as my connector? The code you are giving me, is that an iLogic rule that I define?

Message 4 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

No, it is not iLogic code here. It is just the scripts in the connectorclass file. Most of system conenctor class  for system assets(e.g. conveyor)  are here (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Factory Design Suite 2015\FactoryLibrary\ConnectorClasses).So your defined connector class file need to be stored here too and then you can consume it for your assets.

I have posted the sample iLogic code in another topic you posted, please refer to it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Factory-Design-Suite/Make-asset-variants-from-an-assembly-bas...

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report